LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Webasto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Webasto now offers a power sunroof for the GTO.

The Hollandia 710 Power Inbuilt Sunroof measures 33.5" x 18.75".

The glass panel slides back in between the roofskin and the interior headliner.
User controls include 2 programmable positions, single-touch open and close, and auto close when the ignition is turned off.

An optional rain sensor is available as well, that closes the sunroof (when the car is turned off and the sunroof is open) at the first sign of rain.

Lifetime parts warranty to the original owner.

More information, pictures, and Authorized Dealer locator at http://www.webastoshowroom.com/pontiac_gto_710.htm

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
mbacon said:

User controls include 2 programmable positions, single-touch open and close, and auto close when the ignition is turned off.

An optional rain sensor is available as well, that closes the sunroof (when the car is turned off and the sunroof is open) at the first sign of rain.

More information, pictures, and Authorized Dealer locator at http://www.webastoshowroom.com/pontiac_gto_710.htm
I posted a link to your website a couple weeks ago. http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4116&highlight=sunroof
PM me for any promotional consideration. :D

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
Why don't you look inton offering a Group Purchase on the roof?

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
I'm a bit interested in this too.... after having T-tops on the Camaro and a sunroof in the Audi, I'm missing having a bit more air.

·
Registered
588 Posts
mbacon said:

Will this void the factory vehicle warranty? This would be great, installed through a Pontiac Dealer.

·
Webasto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
more Webasto Sunroof info

MSRP is $1,295.
You can get Webasto Authorized Dealer info at our website.
We are encouraging a LS1GTO.com special price of $1,195, so please ask your local Webasto Authorized Installer for this price.

This Hollandia 710 is the same sunroof that Webasto supplies to Holden for the OE sunroof program in the Holden Monaro.

The installation of the Hollandia 710 does not void the car warranty.

Thanks for all of your interest in this product!

·
Registered
835 Posts
mbacon said:
MSRP is $1,295.
We are encouraging a LS1GTO.com special price of $1,195, so please ask your local Webasto Authorized Installer for this price.

This Hollandia 710 is the same sunroof that Webasto supplies to Holden for the OE sunroof program in the Holden Monaro.

Is that price installed, or for the sunroof itself?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aaaah this sucks! I was using the "no sunroof option" as excuse to not buy a GTO. :eek2: :banghead:

Now what am I going to do lol.... :gr_jest:

Mike

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Spoolin' said:
Aaaah this sucks! I was using the "no sunroof option" as excuse to not buy a GTO. :eek2: :banghead:

Now what am I going to do lol.... :gr_jest:

Mike
Simple solution. Buy one and be happy forever after.......
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
264 Posts
not to offend anyone... but i would be scared to do that... i got my windows tinted, but a company that has authorized shops... we all know all the shops are not the same. well my tint has several mistakes in it, and they refuse to fix it. even though they say no bubbles ....blah blah blah...

bottom line, i would be scared to all hell to let someone cut in to my brand new roof..

although i would love to have one... although once its in... its in, the car will never be original again incase you wanted to sell later on down the road....

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yourguyry said:
not to offend anyone... but i would be scared to do that... i got my windows tinted, but a company that has authorized shops... we all know all the shops are not the same. well my tint has several mistakes in it, and they refuse to fix it. even though they say no bubbles ....blah blah blah...

bottom line, i would be scared to all hell to let someone cut in to my brand new roof..

although i would love to have one... although once its in... its in, the car will never be original again incase you wanted to sell later on down the road....
your concerns are understandable and justified. but a good quality shop will do a good quality job. of course, find this out is sometimes hard to do until AFTER the work has been done.
in regards to your window tints, that really stinks. but any good shop should stand behind their products and workmanship.

·
Registered
835 Posts
mbacon said:
MSRP is $1,295.

How much head room would we loose if we did this? Do you have on that goes outside the roof that doesn't take away head room?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tails said:
Simple solution. Buy one and be happy forever after.......
:drink::drink:
Just might do that in the fall. ;) I want to see what I wring out of the Z28 before trading here in. I see you live in Kent, I'm in Vancouver. Where did you buy your GTO and did they give you a decent deal? The dealer here wanted 38k and change for the Torrid red auto sitting on the showroom floor. :rolleyes:

You guys want to read something funny that the dealer told me. When I asked why the GTO didn't have an option for a sunroof the guy said, and I quote "These things have too much torque to put a big hole in the roof" LOL.... I really wanted to give him one of these... :slap: and then ask him why the Z's, TA's and Vettes have T-tops / Targa tops with engines making more hp. Dealers.... can't killem,,,,, pass the beer nuts... :)

Sorry for the hijacked post,,, I'll return to lurking now.

Mike

·
Webasto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interior Headroom with Sunroof

cjlannoy said:
How much head room would we loose if we did this? Do you have on that goes outside the roof that doesn't take away head room?
You will lose some headroom, slightly less than 2".
The entire sunroof package is just under 2" thick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts