LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DevilYellow said:
I've played with the software a little bit, I like it more than LS1edit. One neat thing is that it protects against frying the PCM. Makes it almost dummy proof.

I dont know anything about LS1EDIT but I know I'm not going to buy it. I'm looking for something that is idiot proof for me.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I would highly recommend that over LS1Edit then!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
speed_demon_fre said:
I dont know anything about LS1EDIT but I know I'm not going to buy it. I'm looking for something that is idiot proof for me.
As soon as you make something idiot proof, someone comes along and invents a better idiot.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mistermike said:
As soon as you make something idiot proof, someone comes along and invents a better idiot.

Did you just insult me? What do you mean? :confused:

J/K

I just dont want to buy a product that I dont know anything about. My biggest fear is I will mess up the PCM. If I go with something from Hypertech or those other companies it shouldnt do to much damage to the PCM.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
speed_demon_fre said:
Did you just insult me? What do you mean? :confused:
Not at all, Speed. For me, that would be too much like the Pot calling the Kettle black ;)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DevilYellow said:
I wouldnt get a hypertech, too limited... I would think about a Diablo Predator. This software really is only for those that know what they are doing, if you dont know what it does... dont touch it :)

Now some people say stay away from Diablo Predator and others say go with it. I dont really know which one to get.

I dont plan on doing major mods to my car. Just maybe an CAI or FWI and maybe an exhaust.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
The predator would be perfect. Depending on where you buy it from they can do free tunes after you buy it. (you want rear o2's deleted) you can hook it up to your home computer and upload the file and email it. It's not the best for dyno tuning, because the software is more capable and faster to use.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DevilYellow said:
The predator would be perfect. Depending on where you buy it from they can do free tunes after you buy it. (you want rear o2's deleted) you can hook it up to your home computer and upload the file and email it. It's not the best for dyno tuning, because the software is more capable and faster to use.

Thanks.

I would buy it from summit or jegs.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Im sure RWTD or any of the other vendors on this site would sell it to you for a better price AND give you the support that summit or jegs wont. If the Predator came from GMS (Granatelli) you will not get free tune tweaks, I know for a fact RWTD does charge $100 if you dont buy the predators from him.

Not only that, but they help support the site... jegs and summit don't and they don't know jack about your LS1... these guys do.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DevilYellow said:
Im sure RWTD or any of the other vendors on this site would sell it to you for a better price AND give you the support that summit or jegs wont. If the Predator came from GMS (Granatelli) you will not get free tune tweaks, I know for a fact RWTD does charge $100 if you dont buy the predators from him.

Not only that, but they help support the site... jegs and summit don't and they don't know jack about your LS1... these guys do.
Whos RWTD?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
You can always go back, a dealer could also re-flash a PCM. There will be nothing emissions related that the Predator could mess up. If you fail the tests or turn off the tests you will not pass emissions, if you bypass them you should pass ;) (incase you need to ditch your cats)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What would happen if I used the Predator and then later on I decide I want to add parts..throttle body and other power mods (not including heads, manifold or cam)....etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts