LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Compsognathus
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was always under the assumption that this is a big no-no. However someone told me I should powershift at the track with the nitrous. Please tell me this is a dumb idea, and I'm not crazy? Wouldn't it be spraying under no load when the clutch is in?

·
jetblast
1,321 Posts
i'm no expert but it seems like a bad idea.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't sprayed a manual car yet only autos but I always used a window switch because it turns the nitrous off when it shifts. If you do that you want tear the trans up as fast. And the rear parts such as axles driveshaft stubs. Im shifting at 6400 my rev limiter is a 6500 im going to set my window switch for 3000-6300.

·
Compsognathus
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Btw my window switch is set to spray from 3,200 - 5,700. I should maybe adjust it a little now that I'm used to it and can shift fast.

·
...brah
8,810 Posts
Well, if the rev limiter is set at say 7000 and the window switch is set to shut the nitrous off at 6500 rpm, then powershifting would not be a problem. If you did happen to hit the rev limiter the nitrous wouldn't be spraying anyway.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You don't want to miss a gear while you have your foot to the floor and you don't want to hit the rev limiter so make sure the spread between the highest rpm of the power shift and rev limiter is enough. You should have a WOT switch on your kit so there's nothing wrong with just letting off the throttle a touch and deactivating the system while shifting.

·
18's or bust
9,517 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was only spraying 175 hp back in 92 in my 331 66 Nova (ice drag racing) no 2 step or rev limiter just a line lock very helpfull in 4 in ruts. Some of my best memories are on full power on the bottle powershifting (not letting up one dam bit) bangging gears kicking ass and taking names. My best time was a 6.95 at 104.4 eighth mile with that car. I never had any problems with that combo.

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,538 Posts
Cool story bro. Im sure the OP that started this thread 12 years ago would appreciate that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts