·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phobos512 said:
Why is it that there is no fitment for rear pads yet?
Hawk feels that they can wait until late this year to catch the cycle of brake wear as it gets close to replacement. At this point, Hawk does not feel that many people will have gone through front pads, much less rears. That, combined with the hundreds of other applications for 1-2 year old vehicles, puts the GTO down their list. The only way they will move the rears up the list is if enough consumers contact Hawk. So... Hawk Contacts (LOL-They will love me for that!)

I am fishing for other brands. In the meantime, the rotor manufacturers are suggesting OE pads for the rear.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dbluegoat said:
Hey Jim do these bolt right on to our Goats? Perfect fit?

BKP-PON1000XS Brake Pros Drilled & Slotted Front Rotor Set
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2004_Pontiac_GTO_5.7.aspx/3/852/_Brake_Pros_Drilled_Slotted_Front_Rotor_Set
Yes, the manufacturer specifies these as direct replacement upgrades, which use the factory calipers. I should have a pair next Thursday to test fit.

You may want to take a look at the Power Slots. I have used and sold Power Slot Rotors since 1995, and I have literally never had a return due to a problem, failure or any type of warranty claim. Additionally, we just placed a large order to support our Pontiac Dealer customers, which should arrive late next week, and our price is very aggressive on all Power Slot applications.

I hope that provides some insight... Let me know if I missed anything.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
If I replaced the rotors now, with 6500 miles, would I need to replace the rear pads due to wear patterns already formed, or could I wait for the Hawks? I would replace the fronts now anyway since they are available.

Dave

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wavydavy GTO said:
If I replaced the rotors now, with 6500 miles, would I need to replace the rear pads due to wear patterns already formed, or could I wait for the Hawks? I would replace the fronts now anyway since they are available.

Dave
Dave - Sorry for the delay in responding. While some people will argue my position, I always suggest new pads when performing any rotor upgrade.

Hawk has pushed us out again. The latest ETA update from Hawk on front pads is late August. We will see how accurate they are...

BTW - Baer released their front kits for both OEM and Aftermarket wheels:
BAER GTO SYSTEMS

Jim

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Dave - Sorry for the delay in responding. While some people will argue my position, I always suggest new pads when performing any rotor upgrade.

Hawk has pushed us out again. The latest ETA update from Hawk on front pads is late August. We will see how accurate they are...

BTW - Baer released their front kits for both OEM and Aftermarket wheels:
BAER GTO SYSTEMS

Jim
hey Jim,
the Baer system looks good and the price looks reasonable as well. any word on a rear setup

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GTOdriver7 said:
hey Jim,
the Baer system looks good and the price looks reasonable as well. any word on a rear setup

Late August is what I am told by Baer. The part number and pricing ($1095) for the rear kit have been released, but I really don't want to take orders on the rear until I have more confidence in the delivery date.

Thx!

Jim

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Late August is what I am told by Baer. The part number and pricing ($1095) for the rear kit have been released, but I really don't want to take orders on the rear until I have more confidence in the delivery date.

Thx!

Jim
Jim,

Is this a direct bolt on for the GTO?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Yes it is, and it is a fairly straightforward installation.

Jim
Great. Something I can do!!!
:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts