LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
please stand by...
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody point me towards a good practice tree, preferably online downloadable one.

Thanks
CT:gears:

·
Broken As Hell!!!!!
880 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
that isnt worth a **** you ahve to wait for the green instead of leaving on yellow:boggled: i dont know of any free ones but the handheld gose for $90

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
planning on doing a little bracket racing? Or a heads up class?

You'll need to know what kind of tree the class you are running in also, pro tree?

·
please stand by...
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sportman , never been on a pro tree before.

Bracket racing

Don't know how to do heads up racing in a way thats fair.

·
Supercharged and a Warranty
434 Posts
I have an Altronics hand held, works great, bought it at the local speed shop. Many others are also available online. Check out TAG racing and Biondo racing. Love mine, keep it in the car & I usually hit it 2 or 3 times in the staging lanes before each pass.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nmbr1GMfan said:
Portatree handheld and a full size event tree with standard bulbs on one side and LEDs on the other here.
the full size is better than Ps2. the only LED bulds we have are the top two yellows cause when you are in the left lane you cant see teh rest

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
8100hammer said:
Sportman , never been on a pro tree before.

Bracket racing

Don't know how to do heads up racing in a way thats fair.
If you are running in a bracket class, why do you need to practice the tree? Doesn't the timer start when you break the beam? RT shouldn't matter in bracket.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
GTWhoa said:
If you are running in a bracket class, why do you need to practice the tree? Doesn't the timer start when you break the beam? RT shouldn't matter in bracket.
You must beat your opponent to the finish without breaking out.....Therefore if you have a much better reaction time, your opponent will not beat you to the finish without breaking out. Simple, see?

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Jbss71 said:
unless you are a real Pro driver you wont see very many pro tree launchs.
There are several street car series running on a 4 thou pro tree. :gears:

tip 101

shallow stage (just barely light the bottom light) this will help your ET's,
deeper will help lower your reaction times..

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
haha i just learned all about that last night watching top fuel drag racing.....

im goign to try to stage shallow as i can from now on...

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
I don't really like the online ones that well

We have 2 the pocket tree verson thats kinda small about the size of a game boy and a big wall mounted one in the garage..

They both work well and you can take the smaller one with you to the track to practice in between rounds

1 - 17 of 17 Posts