LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Great news!

I had a 2500HD previous to the goat, had shorty headers flowmaster, UPD intake and predator.

The predator was the best mod I did for that truck, automatic trans GTO owners will probley get the most out of the predator with the modifying of torque managment. On few occasions I would remove the predator programming which takes about 10min opposed to hypertech about 25mins. You can look at a brief data list on the predator, also reading and removing DTC(s).

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
SWEET!!! I will definately be getting one.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
DiabloSport News
Predator for GM 2004 is released!

Predator for GM 2004 (for all V8 engines including the Pontiac GTO) is released! It covers a great many GM vehicles. (ships AFTER May 12th)

http://www.diablosport.com/U7193.php

We just have to wait for RWTD to sell it.
What is RWTD?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hmm, I might have to invest in one of those. I don't have a laptop and with this I won't need to buy one. kewl.

·
3,327 Posts
I would rather have the laptop option, where I can figure out how to tweak things myself, instead of buying different 'chips' Of course I have a laptop just itching for the HP software. I think it would benifit my truck more than my GTO, so this option may be better for me, if the price is right.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I forgot about that! I was working with one of the GM programmer tech's for the GTO stuff and he told me it would be released on the 12th. James at RWTD can get them already, his website problably wont be updated for awhile and he's been out of the office with a family illness. Tybrne, Thunder, Speed and others on the board also sell them but to my knowledge RWTD is the only one that can write their own custom files.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
The 2004 programmers will be arriving here the beginning of next week (listed on our site now). Custom programs are also available at no charge! This month's 10% off programming discount does apply to this unit along with the free overnight shipping.

Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - [email protected]

Price Match Plus policy

·
Registered
26 Posts
What does -

The Predator allows the end user to adjust the following parameters: (only one of many listed)

Speed Limiters (Trucks Only)

----> Does this mean for the 2004 GTO you have to have a Custom Tune to raise the Speed Limiter ?

Thanks

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I downloaded my PCM tune and saw that the Speed Limiter was set at 155 MPH. I didn't bother to change that because... really... when am I EVER going to go 155 MPH? As for the rev limiter (6200 RPM), I left that alone, too, because I've already bumped it a few times and I want all the protection I can get so I don't blow up my engine. Food for thought. The limits are there for a reason.

·
DOG
626 Posts
A_Vandelay said:
Update: I sprung for the Predator today from TBYRNE. It was a pretty good deal with the 10% off and no extra charge for tax and shipping. Even though I'm a computer guy by trade, I don't know enough about cars to mess with programming a LS1 on my own. So I'm going for the quick and easy "generic" tune right now. I guess I should have taken that auto shop class back in school....
Three questions.

Does it store the existing tune in the car so you can reset it back if necessary?

Does it show codes the engine is throwing or would I need to go to autotap for that?

Can I have one here by Sunday?

·
DOG
626 Posts
A_Vandelay said:
The answers would be:

yes

yes

and possibly. The price is said to include overnight shipping and the units are available today..
:)

Course I thoroughly agree with the laptop option. I'd rather be able to tweak things myself and play games with other people. (If speed > 85, autoselect.gear = 1st)

:bubbrub :bubbrub

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
The 2004 Predators have arrived! All orders that we have will be shipping tomorrow.

You will need a custom tune update from Diablo to go past 155 (didn't think it would be required for a performance car). They are taking care of these at no charge.

Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - [email protected]

Price Match Plus policy

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Thanks!

tbyrne said:
The 2004 Predators have arrived! All orders that we have will be shipping tomorrow.

You will need a custom tune update from Diablo to go past 155 (didn't think it would be required for a performance car). They are taking care of these at no charge.

Tom
Thanks for asking and covering that for us without being asked! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts