1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Excellent!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
This looks like one of those pages I have to put on the front of my report...Good find!

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Definitely, Thanks!

Knowledge is Power, and Power is Good! :hail:

·
Registered
42 Posts
predator update

Installed the Predator today in my m6 and will share some thoughts.Improvement in performance was dramatic.Prior to install ran live data and found the IAT to be around 120-130 degrees with outside temp at 86 degrees.Engine coolant temp at about 220 degree average,Under these conditions my GTO always seem to bog down and I think I know why.According to Helms IAT&ECT will retard timing lots.Cant find a curve table but have heard that ADVANCE CURVE starts to retard at 86 IAT degrees and that total timing could be reduced by as much as 10 degrees.( if someone finds curve table in the Helms ,please post )...My point is that one of the key things the TUNE does is turn the fans on early to keep ECT down and minimize retard....In my view if you mess with the fan on settings .you reduce the positive effect.....after Tune install ECT holds at 190 degrees and IAT is 104 degrees and still much to hot.The problem is however that the fans are not made for continous on cycle which is now the case. According to Helms,fans should turn off at select road speeds and I dont know if the Predator changes that parameter.Anybody know that fact and if not we should ask Diablo and post a thread,if not these fans will not handle the duty cycle as they are designed for about 30% to 40% on time.

Having said the above,today with air temp of 77 degrees and after about a 10 minute open road drive I returned to a spot where I like to "test" the car.From 20mph roll it hooks up good but burns rubber all the way thru 1st and well into 2nd gear and revs quick.Really good feel in all gears and seems to pull stronger to red line.Also find lots of benefits in being able to run live data but disappointed that we cant data log.

I am not a drag racer but like a clean, good running package, and the Predator helps accomplish that mission

Happy 4th to all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts