LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes my car got put on the flatbed and sent off to the dealer this afternoon. I got the predator today. Went to load the tune in the car. The predator took my stock tune, then once it went to send the performance tune it wouldnt take it. So i got nervous, then tried putting the stock tune back in, that wouldnt work either, NOW THE CAR WONT START/CRANK at all. So im screwed.

·
Ima lead farmer, motherf__er!
939 Posts
bran1093 said:
Yes my car got put on the flatbed and sent off to the dealer this afternoon. I got the predator today. Went to load the tune in the car. The predator took my stock tune, then once it went to send the performance tune it wouldnt take it. So i got nervous, then tried putting the stock tune back in, that wouldnt work either, NOW THE CAR WONT START/CRANK at all. So im screwed.
Ive read about this before. The manual says to call them so they can give you some special code to fix the predator and force it to re-load the stock tune.

That sucks though, let us know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im looking for the post that i saw on this before. And yes i called predator they gave me a code and the car still wouldnt take stock tune back!

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Ewwwwww, the dealer is going to have a field day with this one. Did you tell them what you were trying to do? I would not say a word and just let them figure it out. You might get away with it being covered under warrantee, good luck.

ROK

·
GTO = Pontiac shenanigans
3,689 Posts
bran1093 said:

HOLY CRIPE. Damn sorry to hear that guy. Did you try this:

SMOKDU2 said:
I had the same thing happen and called diablosport. We weren't able to force the tune in.What they had me do was turn on the headlights and disconnect the battery with the lights on, wait 10 minutes and then reconnect the battery.Started fine after that and then reloaded the tune without a problem.http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66021

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep i tried that too.
Im keeping mouth shut. Letting dealer figure it out.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
aww man that stinks sorry to hear that, let us know how it turns out cause I was considering an SLP diablo in the spring as supposed to a dynotune but the more I read the more I think get the dynotune and worry about getting it back to stock if need be.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i called them, dude was clueless. gave me a password the car still wouldnt take the tune

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
Check the predator tool. Open up the end where it plugs in and make sure the wires are connected. The solder came off one of the wires on mine and I had to fix it.
Sometimes if you try to load or save a tune with the key off it messes up also.

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
MarylandSpeed said:
Did you call Diablosport, I see a lot of mistakes made because of their crappy destructions.
Freudian slip??? :sneaky:

·
Registered
226 Posts
My Predator will show up later this week. What version was yours? R99?

·
Registered
995 Posts
All these problems and yet people continue to buy them????

·
3,689 Posts
Nemisis said:
All these problems and yet people continue to buy them????

It seems to be 05 related the 06's don't seem to have any issues, also they do have crappy documentation as to how the handheld exactly works. Granted a better manual then the 26 page one they have now would definitely be better. Along with a way to fix dropped loads instead of calling a 1800 number.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Dealer has to get a new PCM overnighted!

·
Boomer Sooner!!!
282 Posts
bran1093 said:
Update: Dealer has to get a new PCM overnighted!
Did they figure out what you were doing?

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
Dude, it was your predator....trust me on this one. Entering that series of keystrokes on the prdator is a PITA. Mine did this and I was not at home, had to have it towed home until I could call Predator when they opened on Monday. Get rid of that sorry piece. Buy HPTuners and learn how to tune or get help from a tuner with it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No they didnt figured out what i was doing.
And i remember seeing the samething happend to someonelese before

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Brandon.

They won't find this forum in order to limit their liability.

Don't worry, be happy, keep posting from Cherry Hill NJ.

·
3,689 Posts
bran1093 said:
No they didnt figured out what i was doing.
And i remember seeing the samething happend to someonelese before
Good deal brother. Glad to hear that it all worked out for you. BTW what version were you running/ Was it R99:confused:

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
never happen with my HP tunners. I did have a issue a few years back with the Predator I had for my 01 Z28

1 - 20 of 30 Posts