LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you tried to use CMR_DAT to view a log file? What do you think?
I’ve used it to look at a few logs where I was zeroing my lifts. It seems to be totally cheese.
On the predator it’s self my lifts were displayed as being slightly negative most of the time.
When I uploaded the log file and ran it in CMR_DAT it displayed my lifts as 0 to slightly less than 1. No negative numbers were ever displayed in the in the graph even though the unit recorded some below -2.
I also noticed that the graph has a scale of numbers on the left side. They go from –1 to 5 the problem is the scale seems to missing a number. If you count up the marks from –1 to 5 you’re one mark short.
Another thing, yesterday after driving for a half hour with my injector slopes set to 0 in the diablo tune. I’ve pulled 2% timing in all ranges and leaned it 2% all ranges. After doing this I had to set my lift from –1 to 0 because my lifts went too far negative.
I logged them for 23 mi with my cruise set at 55 in 5th gear. This drive has many mid sized hills. I logged everything from –3 to +3 and rarely settled down; basically they were all over the place.
If I do the same drive on relativity flat roads my lifts are slightly negative after they reset and settle down.
I used this method per the instructions on Concours Direct’s website.
I used the small hill route yesterday per tuning doc on the Vette Forum.
I have also noticed that if you change the fuel trims (per Concours) after zeroing the lifts the latter will change.
It reminds me of a dog chasing its tail.
At this point I have burned at least a tank of gas and doubt that I have gained anything from jacking with the canned tune. My car is totally stock and with the canned diablo tune my lifts were very slightly positive (less than 1%). The closed loop timing is cranked up quite a bit. I logged some knock accelerating fairly hard but not wide open in 6th gear at 55mph on a flat road. I reloaded the stock tune and recorded some but less knock doing the same thing.
To me, it would seem that unless you get on a dyno you really don’t have a clue and CMR_DAT is a crock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The existing CMR DAT viewer application is for Ford PID viewing only. The screen shots shown above are from a new application for GM CAN vehicles. This new application will provide the ability to stream data and view logs from GM CAN vehicles. Currently, log playback is only supported on the Predator's LCD.

HTH

·
DANG!
790 Posts
Will it just allow the viewing of data or will I be able to do other things with it.

·
I Sell Speed
658 Posts
DAT viewer will be a free download. You can already view Datalog on the Predator screen.
This will be for your laptop or desktop for playback. It will help out when they release the full CMR (custom tuning software) single user update that you can purchase for an existing Predator. Rumormill has it costing $150 to upgrade to full custom tunable version from a standard Predator.

·
DANG!
790 Posts
MadGoat said:
DAT viewer will be a free download. You can already view Datalog on the Predator screen.
This will be for your laptop or desktop for playback. It will help out when they release the full CMR (custom tuning software) single user update that you can purchase for an existing Predator. Rumormill has it costing $150 to upgrade to full custom tunable version from a standard Predator.
What will we be able to do with the full CMR?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GM Version

I’m glad to here they are coming out with a GM version. I didn’t realize that it was for Fords only, thanks for the information.
What method did you use to zero your lifts?

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
MadGoat said:

Hi MadGoat

Do you have an update on the release date of this software?

·
Need To Drive More
1,477 Posts
Yes, when can I view the tune info on my PC without having to take it to a CMR tuner?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Will we be able to do any tranny tuning with it?

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
LFSADRG said:
Yes, when can I view the tune info on my PC without having to take it to a CMR tuner?
Patience.....it will be worth the wait. We want to make sure it is perfect before we release it to the public.
Thanks

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
NYTIGER said:
Will we be able to do any tranny tuning with it?
With the DAT viewer? No, that, when it becomes available, will be through the Predator.
Thanks
iIke

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
There is no release date for the single user....I will let everyone know as I get more info.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Mike,

If i remember correclty you have to do an update through the dealer prior to updating to the new croms you have released for the predator. Is that correct? I purchased an early version for the LS2 and would like to update my predator to use some of the new features but want to make sure I don't wreck its' current usefulness.

Thanks in advance for the information.
Darin

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
Hi Mike,

If i remember correclty you have to do an update through the dealer prior to updating to the new croms you have released for the predator. Is that correct? I purchased an early version for the LS2 and would like to update my predator to use some of the new features but want to make sure I don't wreck its' current usefulness.

Thanks in advance for the information.
Darin
No, the 06 cars all have the later calid's necessary to use our new updates and DAt viewer, so go ahead and update the tool.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Works great!! ... vast improvements in being user friendly tool to use ... kinda cool we can share the info with other people over the net now!

What is the anticipated release for the individual liscence custom tunning package to extend the functionality more? I am awaiting my nitrous kit and don't really want to buy HPT if this is coming in the relatively near future. Shoot me a PM if ya like.

Thanks!
Darin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts