LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a predator diablo sport u7191 for sale , custom dyno tune included,had me at 391 hp at the wheels with borla exaust and kn cai.300.00 shipped

·
Registered
414 Posts
when you say borla, you mean cat back or headers and cat back?

·
Registered
48 Posts
:confused: Hey man why you selling it? Were you satisified with it or did you just get something else?

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
#1judge said:
I have a predator diablo sport u7191 for sale , custom dyno tune included,had me at 391 hp at the wheels with borla exaust and kn cai.300.00 shipped
Hi #1judge

You forgot to return your car to stock before shipping me the Predator, rendering it useless....could you give me a call or mail please, so that we can get this sorted...

Regards

·
Registered
646 Posts
GeeTeeOh! said:
Hi #1judge

You forgot to return your car to stock before shipping me the Predator, rendering it useless....could you give me a call or mail please, so that we can get this sorted...

Regards
:( . That doesn't sound good. How do you forget that you have to return your car to stock before you can sell it?

Hope everything works out for you.

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
GeeTeeOh! said:
Hi #1judge

Regards
I knew this wasn't gonna be good when I read the first post, 'custom dyno tune included' is never a good sign. Any one trying to sell a used Predator that they say has a custom tune in it, should be an immediate red flag. The Predator will automatically erase any custom tune stored in it upon restoring the original backup. Therefore, a Predator with a custom tune in it is useless as it is still married to the original vehicle.(not to mention the custom tune 's not gonna work in any other vehicle).
You guys also should be aware that the major advantage of buying a new Predator from an authorized dealer is that as long as you have your original reciept, the Predator is covered under warranty. Forever. For the ORIGINAL OWNER ONLY!
Good luck tracking this guy down, GeeTeeOh!
Im sure hes enjoying his tuned GTO somewhere.:gr_devil:

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
emg32 said:
:( . That doesn't sound good. How do you forget that you have to return your car to stock before you can sell it?

Hope everything works out for you.
Probably not so much a case of forgot as just figured he had a custom tune, why not sell the Predator.

·
BLKNSTUF
275 Posts
Hope you catch up with that guy!

·
Casey is now GONE-RIP Casey
962 Posts
Doh!

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
Hi Guys..

In his defence - he did get in touch.
He said that he had his car dyno tuned using HPTuners. The tuning company did not bother to remove the Diablo tune before starting to tune.

I guess what he has to do is:
1. "Backup" his HPTuners tune.
2. Restore the Factory tune with the Predator - if it is possible?
3. Restore his HPTuners tune.

*or*

Refund

I do like the Predator and I think it is possible to get really great tunes with it, and I am looking forward to the release of the full tuning 'upgrade'

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
GeeTeeOh! said:
Hi Guys..

In his defence - he did get in touch.
He said that he had his car dyno tuned using HPTuners. The tuning company did not bother to remove the Diablo tune before starting to tune.

I guess what he has to do is:
1. "Backup" his HPTuners tune.
2. Restore the Factory tune with the Predator - if it is possible?
3. Restore his HPTuners tune.

*or*

Refund

I do like the Predator and I think it is possible to get really great tunes with it, and I am looking forward to the release of the full tuning 'upgrade'
Sorry man, this ain't gonna work. Hes not gonna be able to restore his backup and keep his new tune. I think its time to get your money back.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
work in any other vehicle).
You guys also should be aware that the major advantage of buying a new Predator from an authorized dealer is that as long as you have your original reciept, the Predator is covered under warranty. Forever. For the ORIGINAL OWNER ONLY!
.:gr_devil:
Agreed - unless you loose the reciept after 2 years & the original authorized shop can't seem to find their copy of the reciept after a few requests (email & fax) due to a server crash. Then it is $99. Believe me - my Amex card felt the pain 2 weeks ago.

Glenn

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
I am meeting Matt today at Straightline Performance - his tuner, to get it sorted. We agreed that if we do not get it to work on my car, he will give my money back.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

·
Trinity Guy
1,333 Posts
GeeTeeOh! said:
I am meeting Matt today at Straightline Performance - his tuner, to get it sorted. We agreed that if we do not get it to work on my car, he will give my money back.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....
Good luck!

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
Money Refunded

After various calls to Diablosport and attempts to restore the stock tune to his car, we gave up, and he refunded my money.

Looking to buy a Predator now.... :)

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Mike, Explain this? If a Predator comes with a custom tune, is that Pedator only good on the 1 car it was originally installed on?

I just reread. The custom tune is lost if the factory tune is put back on the car???
Isn't the Predator still good to sell? Just with no custom tune??

Is %15 timing about 4 degrees? Is this 4 degrees from the factory tune or from what ever custom tune you may have on the machine??

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
ericwilloughby said:
Mike, Explain this? If a Predator comes with a custom tune, is that Pedator only good on the 1 car it was originally installed on?

I just reread. The custom tune is lost if the factory tune is put back on the car???
Isn't the Predator still good to sell? Just with no custom tune??

Is %15 timing about 4 degrees? Is this 4 degrees from the factory tune or from what ever custom tune you may have on the machine??
Here is the full story:
#1judge had a Diablo tune on his car. He then had heads, cam etc done, as well has a dyno using HPTuners. His agreement with the tuners was to return to the stock tune with the Predator and then to tune with HPTuners. If that was done successfully, the Predator can be sold. The tuners say that they did return the tune to stock with the Predator, but the 'Last Tune Written' on the Predator states DiabloTune

As the car has subsequently been tuned with HPTuners, it will not accept the stock tune back from the Predator.

Diablosport will 'reset' the Predator if #1judge has his ECU reflashed to stock by a dealer and then provide them with the paperwork detailing the reflash.

Untill this is done, the Predator is just a nice scanning tool....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts