LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I deleted the last thread because I finally got it to work. My trunk lid was ajar, I don't know why that would matter, but...

Anyroad, just got back from my test 'blast.' Definately more 'punch,' it's hard to quantify the HP and torque gains without a dyno, but my seat of the pants dyno says "YEAH." If its between 10 and 20 HP as the advert says then $20-$30 bucks a pony ain't bad.

Kudos to Diablo Sports for this product!

Thanks again to all the others that posted on the previous thread to help me out with the install. :D :D :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
injstructions problems

kbaba said:
I deleted the last thread because I finally got it to work. My trunk lid was ajar, I don't know why that would matter, but...

Anyroad, just got back from my test 'blast.' Definately more 'punch,' it's hard to quantify the HP and torque gains without a dyno, but my seat of the pants dyno says "YEAH." If its between 10 and 20 HP as the advert says then $20-$30 bucks a pony ain't bad.

Kudos to Diablo Sports for this product!

Thanks again to all the others that posted on the previous thread to help me out with the install. :D :D :D

..received mine today.Instructions unclear regarding turn on and turn off.I assume you plug in and turn ignition on, complete whatever your going to do,unplug and then turn off ignition.Is this correct? Is your fuel mileage indicator on the DIC messed up...Thanks

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
scheer said:

..received mine today.Instructions unclear regarding turn on and turn off.I assume you plug in and turn ignition on, complete whatever your going to do,unplug and then turn off ignition.Is this correct? Is your fuel mileage indicator on the DIC messed up...Thanks
The instructions in the manual are dumb... don't worry about it, the predator itself tells you what to do at that point. In fact the predator tells you what to do through the whole process, just follow the on screen prompts.

But bottom line... it basically it tells you when to turn the key to ON, counts off seconds, then tells you to turn the key OFF and counts again.

That admission had me freaked too... but simple once you go through it.

·
2,137 Posts
scheer said:
Is your fuel mileage indicator on the DIC messed up...Thanks
What do you mean?

·
Registered
42 Posts
driver info screen

Huntress said:
What do you mean?
I have been told the mileage figures computed by the Driver info center displayed will not match with the actual fuel mileage being experienced.That is ,if you do a manual check of mileage it will not compare favorably

·
Registered
42 Posts
plug in

Huntress said:
The instructions in the manual are dumb... don't worry about it, the predator itself tells you what to do at that point. In fact the predator tells you what to do through the whole process, just follow the on screen prompts.

But bottom line... it basically it tells you when to turn the key to ON, counts off seconds, then tells you to turn the key OFF and counts again.

That admission had me freaked too... but simple once you go through it.
If I understand your note ,just plug the unit in and it will tell me to turn the key on? Is that correct?

·
2,137 Posts
I actually took those comments to mean that was the case stock, and that actual was actually better than the DIC reported. In one instance, the car said it used more gas than the tank holds.

I do not think Predator Tune effects reporting one way or the other though. I do know I am getting better gas milage since the tune though. But a lot of factors play into that, the tune as well as my car getting older be the day (ie, engine breakin)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
scheer said:
If I understand your note ,just plug the unit in and it will tell me to turn the key on? Is that correct?
That is how it works...

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
This is going to be my next mod. Thanks to all for being the guinea pigs for me.

LOLOLOLOL

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
desertgoat said:
This is going to be my next mod. Thanks to all for being the guinea pigs for me.

LOLOLOLOL
Oh it is well worth it........Personally I think this is the best mod you can do for $500 or less.

·
Bonzai Baby
211 Posts
I installed my Predator this morning. I'm going to change my screen name to WOODY!! This is the way the car should have come from Pontiac!! All I can say is wow. I now have to worry when the A4 goes into second. Excellent product!!

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Procedure

scheer said:

:eek: NOTHING else on in car, not even trunk light. No radio, no nothing.
Plug in, turn on. Leave on and do your thing. Watch the display. It will prompt you. when done, and the new tune has loaded 100% and it tells you, turn off and unplug. Turn on, and go test.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Does anyone who has the predator also have EfiLive or Autotap. It would be nice to see the changes made to the stock tables.

·
Registered
267 Posts
mistermike said:
Does anyone who has the predator also have EfiLive or Autotap. It would be nice to see the changes made to the stock tables.

I have an AutoTap. Was going to see how the 2 worked together, mine is due in July 7th. Kinda hoping I can sell the AutoTap with my GrandPrix if the Pred. can do everything I need it to.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I installed my Predator this weekend and it is amazing how big difference it makes. It will now break the tires loose going into 2nd and 3rd. I read where others got this type of performance out of the Perdator but I figured they may have been overstating the facts a little. Best Mod I have ever made

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Just be careful flooring it through a turn at low speed. That 1-2 shift can be a bit of a doozy. (Personal experience, lol).

·
BORN IN BKLYN NOW IN MN
248 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
I installed my Predator this weekend and it is amazing how big difference it makes. It will now break the tires loose going into 2nd and 3rd. I read where others got this type of performance out of the Perdator but I figured they may have been overstating the facts a little. Best Mod I have ever made
I got my mine a few weeks ago and all I can say is wow :burnout: A GREAT improvement over stock. Feels stronger and crisper shifts. Best mod I ever purchased under $500.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
And tune out?
Actually it was drop out. Timothy Leary's dead.....no no no he's on the outside...looking in.......
:drink: :drink:

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Dang! You know, I thought I had typed that! I actually scrolled back up just now and looked at my post because I was sure I had typed drop out. I blame Al Gore...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts