LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the predator u7191 r99 version says i need the newest udate on my car for this version to work. i called my dealer and was told there are numerous updates and they wanted to know what was wrong with my car, so they could find the correct update.they also said they wouldnt do an update if there wasnt a concern or complaint from me.which update do i need ? is there tsb number or drivabilty update number that i can tell them about. i dont want to tell them i need this so i can do a tune to my car from the predator.thanks in advance for any help.

·
Nothin but Pontiacs
35 Posts
Thanks for posting

I was going to pose the same question.
I'm buying a Predator myself and would like to know.

Thanks

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,631 Posts
Time to play... :quoties: WHICH DEALER IS LYING !?!? :quoties:

I asked my dealer if there was a calibration update to the code on my GTO's computer, and was told there is no update available for my '05 GTO. I do not know if this is based on the date of manufacture or not.

Nonetheless, Diablo told me there are NO GTO updates in R99. They only added support to V8-equipped Grand Prixs and Montes....

I have NO IDEA if my dealer is lying or yours is.

Maybe Frank or Mike (or other **trustworthy** Pontiac dealer on this site) can comment....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got my computer updated by the dealer back when I upgraded from R93 when it was first required to get the new firmware. I went to my dealer for other minor fixes and asked if they would update the computer. They checked and said that they would and that I should expect a different shifting in the A4 tranny and also about 1 mpg better gas mileage. I could tell the difference in the shifting when they did the update.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you go diablosports website the newest version for u7191 is r99 and they say you have to have the update for your computer done so this version will work.

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
I never upgraded my computer and the predator is working fine with r99, it worked with all the other revisions also.Try the newest revision if it doesn't work go back to the old one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts