LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my Predator today and the first thing I did was install the performance tune. What all of you have said on here is totally true. What a Beast the Goat is now. I can not believe it. Next task is to get it to the track. Hopefully later this month. That Goat smile I have been wearing when driving for the last 6 months just grew today. Thanks to all of you that have posted about the merits of the Predator. And thanks to the Folks over at Tbyrne. :)
 

·
****
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
I B4 E cept after C

ColoradoGoat:

(In Search of the Holy Goat)

I don't think you have received holy goat status yet, but with the predator it sure is blessed isn't it ? :)
 

·
Retired LEO meow
Joined
·
14,535 Posts
Congrads on getting your Predator installed. It is definately an improvement, but that darn TM still rears it's ugly head at full launch at the track.
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
TprGTO said:
Congrads on getting your Predator installed. It is definately an improvement, but that darn TM still rears it's ugly head at full launch at the track.
which i think is a good thing b/c if there were NO TM AT ALL. you might just end up in the wall before you can say "i hate TM"
 

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tinman said:
ColoradoGoat:

(In Search of the Holy Goat)

I don't think you have received holy goat status yet, but with the predator it sure is blessed isn't it ? :)
You are correct that it is now indeed blessed. Have talked with a dealer about doing LS6 Heads and Cam. IMHO it will then be a Holy Goat.
 

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TprGTO said:
Congrads on getting your Predator installed. It is definately an improvement, but that darn TM still rears it's ugly head at full launch at the track.
Thanks for the tip TprGTO. I plan on getting a set of Drag Radials before I go to the track.
 

·
Retired LEO meow
Joined
·
14,535 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
which i think is a good thing b/c if there were NO TM AT ALL. you might just end up in the wall before you can say "i hate TM"
I had my friend who owns a nicely modded 1993 T/A drive mine. He held the brake and revved mine to 2000 RPM's, then let it loose. The tires chirped a little and then as he put it "It seems to bog down a little and then at 30 mph, it launches like a rocket. With mine I would have sat there and baked the tires unlike yours." Again I say darn TM!!!!
 

·
****
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
LS6 Conversion

ColoradoGoat said:
You are correct that it is now indeed blessed. Have talked with a dealer about doing LS6 Heads and Cam. IMHO it will then be a Holy Goat.
ColoradoGoat:

I too intend on doing the LS6 conversion with CNC Ported heads and probably a higher lift cam than the stock LS6. Going to look for 450 HP from that and some LT headers. BMR's LT's are sweet looking, I want them NOW :)

This predator is sweet, it is really flexible. I've re-tuned about 10 times now but Yesterday I must have hit some magic setup, I went thru my usual settings and wrote it and WoW. Gets rubber on all 3 shifts with Traction Control on, super spunky low end and the dead spot is gone. Just Crispy acceleration. Feels like a whole different car. WooT :thumbs:
 

·
Former Goatherder
Joined
·
658 Posts
Oh, Lord, bless this thy GTO that with it thou mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Predator Changes to Performance Tune

Tinman said:
This predator is sweet, it is really flexible. I've re-tuned about 10 times now but Yesterday I must have hit some magic setup, I went thru my usual settings and wrote it and WoW. Gets rubber on all 3 shifts with Traction Control on, super spunky low end and the dead spot is gone. Just Crispy acceleration. Feels like a whole different car. WooT :thumbs:
Tinman -

What kind of changes are you talking about -

MPH UpShift / RPM UpShift / RPM limiter ???

I have kicked up my UpShift parameters at bit and changed the fan settings. But, I don't think I'm seeing
the kind of performance changes you are talking about.
 

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a chance to do a little more driving today. And all I can say is my impression of the performance tune has gone up even more. The beast will not only chirp the tires in to second but now third as well. God I Love This Car !!!! :)
 

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
ColoradoGoat said:
Got a chance to do a little more driving today. And all I can say is my impression of the performance tune has gone up even more. The beast will not only chirp the tires in to second but now third as well. God I Love This Car !!!! :)
I've chirped 4th... but you need a lot of room to do it :D
 

·
****
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
Programing

GTO_Again said:
Tinman -

What kind of changes are you talking about -

MPH UpShift / RPM UpShift / RPM limiter ???

I have kicked up my UpShift parameters at bit and changed the fan settings. But, I don't think I'm seeing
the kind of performance changes you are talking about.
GTO_Again:

I will send you a PM.
 

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
Tinman said:
GTO_Again:

I will send you a PM.
I would like to know also! Please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
ColoradoGoat said:
I finally got my Predator today and the first thing I did was install the performance tune. What all of you have said on here is totally true. What a Beast the Goat is now. I can not believe it. Next task is to get it to the track. Hopefully later this month. That Goat smile I have been wearing when driving for the last 6 months just grew today. Thanks to all of you that have posted about the merits of the Predator. And thanks to the Folks over at Tbyrne. :)
Sorry for another dumb question, but are there different Predator models? Is this one that works on LS1 only good for that engine? What about LS2 for instance??

Thanks
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top