LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should a trap speed of 104mph and 2.0 60' get you for a 1/4 time? For a 4200lb car.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cjlannoy said:
Your putting down about the same HP as me but a full .5 sec difference I dont get it, I guess I suck at the strip

·
Registered
835 Posts
didn't realize it was you on the other thread about your track times and speed, when I was stock I was running 13.9 at 103 with 2.3 60' time, that is where I came up with the 13.5 @ 104 w/ 2.0 60' time. Then I realized that you already posted that's what you got. ( I guess I made a good estimate :) )

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
dblue- you need to properly prep your car at the track. When using a supercharge/turbo track prep becomes very very important. You should be trapping alot higher. My guess is 107-109mph easy. Proper cool down between runs is very important. Use ice to help expedite the process. I put down 381whp and traped 109.5 w/much less tq/ I think 340tq. I would have to guess I'm trapping 110-112mph now since I'm another 30whp and 50wtq stronger. When driving a car w/ more power (especially automatic) it does become increasingly difficult to cut better e.t.'s. With the A4 a little wheelspin off the line can prematurely shift you into 2nd killing both e.t.'s and mph. Traction will help or manually shifting your A4 as well. Be sure to remove the spare and associated trunk tools. Some more practice and you should be running very low 13's or high 12's. Just like when on the dyno your runs may vary 20-30hp. Trying to prep the car the same way between each run and your times and consistancy will go up.

Like myself you just need more practice. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts