LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my rims today :cool: :cool:

Now I need to decided which tires. I have searched and read most posts. It seems 245/40r18 works for some and not others. I know each manufacturer is a little different and can be slightly off.

I'm not sure which tires I wanna go with. There are a few choices so I would appreciate some input.

The choices are Toyo Proxies4, Goodyear GS-D3(yeah yeah I know Shag;)), BG Goodrich KDW. I wanna try and have a good gripping AS tire, so the Proxies are weighing towards the top.

But as I said, would just like to hear some input. Even if there are other tires of choice.

Thanks

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I'm running some Falken Ziex (or Zeix, something like that) 512's on the WRX and they are pretty decent all season so far. Great grip in rain, no snow results yet but i've read they are good in snow also. Dunno if they come in 245x18x40's though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you're going to go with the BFG's, you need to get the KDWS. The KD is a dry tire, KDW is summer with some channeling for rain, the KDWS is all season.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not a big Pirrelli fan but I know a couple of people who swear by these:

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

Not the most agressive looking tire, but its getting great reviews and is a 400 AA Tire all-season tire.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
JCMGTO said:
I just got my rims today :cool: :cool:

Now I need to decided which tires. I have searched and read most posts. It seems 245/40r18 works for some and not others. I know each manufacturer is a little different and can be slightly off.

I'm not sure which tires I wanna go with. There are a few choices so I would appreciate some input.

The choices are Toyo Proxies4, Goodyear GS-D3(yeah yeah I know Shag;)), BG Goodrich KDW. I wanna try and have a good gripping AS tire, so the Proxies are weighing towards the top.

But as I said, would just like to hear some input. Even if there are other tires of choice.

Thanks

If you got to www.tirerack.com you can search the specific tires you want in the size you want. They have 8 different tires in ultra high performance all season. Try the link below. This is for info only. If you find the tires you like and one of our sponsors sells it then, of course, get the tires from our sponsor!

Doc

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?startIndex=0&width=245/&ratio=40&diameter=18&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&performance=UHPAS&x=16&y=13

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Toyo Proxe T1S

I have worked at a tire warehouse for years and when these things came out I fell in love with them. Dry traction great! Wet Traction good. Aggressive as hell and great for the street and track!

In all honesty I would stay away from the Proxe4, I would probably go with the Goodyears before those.

And I am also no fan of Pirelli, mostly because they bulge way too easily for some reason. usually a tire defect and Pirelli will warranty them, but its never worth the hassle. Although I have no experience with teh Pirelli that Alexandria speaks of.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
TrakDay said:
Toyo Proxe T1S

I have worked at a tire warehouse for years and when these things came out I fell in love with them. Dry traction great! Wet Traction good. Aggressive as hell and great for the street and track!

In all honesty I would stay away from the Proxe4, I would probably go with the Goodyears before those.

And I am also no fan of Pirelli, mostly because they bulge way too easily for some reason. usually a tire defect and Pirelli will warranty them, but its never worth the hassle. Although I have no experience with teh Pirelli that Alexandria speaks of.
i agree about the Toyos, excellent traction, I love mine

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Get 235/40's so you dont have to worry about rub in the least. The Pulses per mile for that size is already in the instrument cluster and simply needs to be enabled :)

·
Torque is King!
702 Posts
Is there anybody out there running the 245/35/19's??? Do they rub? They do come on the higher end HSV cars. Is there a pulse per mile for that tire size already in the instrument cluster?? I know ride qaulity would be sacrificed but they would give the best look....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Michelin Pilot A/S are a little pricey, $250 each, but they ride very nice, grip well, and work good in rain. Have not tried snow yet.
They definitely are better ridding, and handling in 18" than the BFGs are in 17".
CarGuy

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'd go (and in the early spring next year I will have) with the Goodyear F1 GS D3 without hesitating.

Great dry grip, great on wet roads, very responsive, and not noisy. Plus the added benefit of great looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts