LS1GTO Forums banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTO Cyclone Gray Metallic, 6.0, Magnuson 112, ported 243's, JBA shorty header
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
In spite of all the internet fairy tales, I've run camshafts to .650" lift at the valve with stock rockers and the CHE bushing kit.

Guess this old analogy is true. :cool:

Ha! I'm in the Army I've seen Privates that this meme is perfect for.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,858 Posts
@MuhThugga 700 to 800 dollars for lifters! Will the LS7 lifters work? I'm not trying to make crazy horsepower.
Sorry, the 2110s used to be comparable in price to the Comp lifters you purchased. You can buy the Morel 7717 lifters like EDC suggested and be fine. They are about the same price as the LS7 lifters.

·
Registered
2006 GTO Cyclone Gray Metallic, 6.0, Magnuson 112, ported 243's, JBA shorty header
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Sorry, the 2110s used to be comparable in price to the Comp lifters you purchased. You can buy the Morel 7717 lifters like EDC suggested and be fine. They are about the same price as the LS7 lifters.
No problem, yeah I'm going with the Morel 7717.

·
12,858 Posts
He doesn't need that as much as the correct profile for the Maggie. ;)
I honestly glossed over the cam specs and was just looking at the lift numbers. It's certainly not one I would select for a blower.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I honestly glossed over the cam specs and was just looking at the lift numbers. It's certainly not one I would select for a blower.
Am I screwed or is it at least usable? I don't have money to buy things twice thats why I asked the so called "experts" at comp cams

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
2,208 Posts
looks like they actually are discontinued as of last year. BTR used to have them for under 500.

the 2110r is still available, but is in the 700+ range.
@Ronin Concealment When I did my LS3 head/intake upgrade a couple years ago, the 2210s were discontinued, replaced by the Morel 6504. I might have the wrong part # for the 2210. Replace the lifter trays too.

·
12,858 Posts
Am I screwed or is it at least usable? I don't have money to buy things twice thats why I asked the so called "experts" at comp cams
You can certainly run it and it will certainly generate a dyno curve. With 13 degrees of overlap, the cam is more suited to an NA build than a blower application, and that would be an NA build with some greater than stock displacement.
The best I can say is to drive it and if you don't like how the engine behaves, then stab the factory camshaft back in for the time being. The blower will still make good power with a stock cam.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I wouldn't roll a motor over with the pushrod length tool, but that is just me. I also turn 7200 rpms with ls7 lifters and use the ws6store "max effort" rockers. Been doing it for 3 years now without issue. Cam is 232/248 .621 .604 116 lsa 111 centerline. This is a 6.2 with 20 psi from a procharger.

• Wow
Reactions: vanrah

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
"Expert" is an abused term. I see it a lot when it comes to camshaft parameters. ;)

Not sure where you are located but if I have a dealer of my stuff in your area, might be a good idea to broom that profile and get something designed specifically for a positive displacement supercharged combination. Don't do much retail as 99% of my custom LS camshafts are sold to installers or tuners so everything is handled properly.

·
12,858 Posts
I wouldn't roll a motor over with the pushrod length tool, but that is just me.
With valve springs, no. With checker springs, sure.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
@Ronin Concealment When I did my LS3 head/intake upgrade a couple years ago, the 2210s were discontinued, replaced by the Morel 6504. I might have the wrong part # for the 2210. Replace the lifter trays too.
Yep, I got brand new GM lifter trays when I put the Comp lifters in.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
178 Posts
Spec your lifters to the springs open pressure, stock rockers with a trunion upgrade have been widely known to be reliable past 7000 rpm, get a decent thick wall push rod and send that bitch. Easy peasy

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Spec your lifters to the springs open pressure, stock rockers with a trunion upgrade have been widely known to be reliable past 7000 rpm, get a decent thick wall push rod and send that bitch. Easy peasy
I don't understand what you mean

61 - 80 of 104 Posts