LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on my bumper to be painted so I can put the SAP mufflers on. The stock bumper is around a 1/4 shy of clearing the dual exhaust tips.

How much should it cost to install the SAP mufflers?

Seems pretty simple to me. Just unbolt mufflers from exhaust, take off hangers, install mufflers, clamp tight. I was quoted an hour and a half, ~$150. Only way to keep the warranty is to have GM install it, and I don't trust these local shops around here with my baby.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Cat-back exhaust install can run between $50-$150 depending on where you get it done. Usually involves removing the old system, bolting up the new system and checking clearances and alignment. $150 from the dealership is expected, they usually are on the higher side with labor/time costs. The dealership cannot void your vehicle warranty simply by having someone else install the exhaust...but since it is a SAP exhaust install and they install it, it should be covered under your full vehicle's warranty.

My install was $5, I did it myself by renting a lift for an hour at my base's auto hobby shop :p.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
ls6gto said:
Cat-back exhaust install can run between $50-$150 depending on where you get it done. Usually involves removing the old system, bolting up the new system and checking clearances and alignment.
wow, $150 was what my exhaust cost to put on... and it included the 2 1/2" pipes, custom bending, plugs for the rear O2s and installation of a wideband O2 sensor bung

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
06BLKSAP said:
I'm waiting on my bumper to be painted so I can put the SAP mufflers on. The stock bumper is around a 1/4 shy of clearing the dual exhaust tips.

How much should it cost to install the SAP mufflers?

Seems pretty simple to me. Just unbolt mufflers from exhaust, take off hangers, install mufflers, clamp tight. I was quoted an hour and a half, ~$150. Only way to keep the warranty is to have GM install it, and I don't trust these local shops around here with my baby.
Best mod you could make is to never do business with the Dealership that told you that horseshit about warranty, then get a qualified muffler shop to do it for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
319 Posts
wrp said:
Best mod you could make is to never do business with the Dealership that told you that horseshit about warranty, then get a qualified muffler shop to do it for a reasonable price.
agreed, but make sure its a good muffler shop cause they can be just as bad. I went to one several people recommended here, ended up being a waste because I had to go back over it and redo it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts