LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Best Car Under $45k Period.
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the engine forum, but it could also be a tranny problem.

I have noticed recently (with my automatic GTO), when I am say... pulling out a parking lot onto a main road and I gun it hard (almost WOT) the car doesnt go anywhere, it just sit's there and the rev's skyrocket. Almost like it's in neutral (but its in D). I have to let off the gas and then it will calm down and go.

On the highway when I go WOT it drops into a low gear and FLY's (I have never had a car that pulls so hard from 80+, it's amazing).

Here are some factors:

I cannot remember if it did this before I installed my Gravana Intake.
I installed the performance Preditor tune thinking it might help, but I hated the fact that the wheels spun so much, so I put it back to stock.

So right now I have the gravana intake and 93 octaine premium (always) on an otherwise stock car. I am 99% certain it does this when the TC is on, because I rarely turn it off. I checked my intake and it seems to be fine.

If anyone can give me any tips or theorys, I would MUCH appreciate it, thanks! :hail:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
you dont really need to make multiple threads. most members use the "new posts". which means that we will all see your threads eventually.
just an FYI. :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
5point7 said:
Sorry :(

(walks away with tail between his legs)

I just wanted to see if anyone KNEW what this was and said 'get it to the dealer ASAP!"
its cool, no worries. we are all learning. no shame in that :)

im sure one of the knowledge gods like CMNT will chime in eventually to give you some advice. just have to be patient.

·
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man.

I'm gonna try a few more factors, such as turning TC off etc.

In the end, I LOVE my GTO and like a child I don't want to see it "sick" ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think the first thing to do would be to check the fluid level. I had an Iroc-Z that did the same thing a couple times while going down on ramps. The acceleration along with the gradual curve must have been just enough to pull the fluid away from the pickup. When I checked the fluid and it was low. I would think on a new car, low pressure or fluid level would trip the SES light though.

That's all I have to offer. I hope it's a simple fix.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
5point7 said:
Thanks man.

I'm gonna try a few more factors, such as turning TC off etc.

In the end, I LOVE my GTO and like a child I don't want to see it "sick" ;)
Turning off the T/C is a blast " I love the smell of spinning tires anytime"
Your weekend assignment is to remove 5000 miles of tread on your rear tires
:)

·
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T.Vick said:
I think the first thing to do would be to check the fluid level. I had an Iroc-Z that did the same thing a couple times while going down on ramps. The acceleration along with the gradual curve must have been just enough to pull the fluid away from the pickup. When I checked the fluid and it was low. I would think on a new car, low pressure or fluid level would trip the SES light though.

That's all I have to offer. I hope it's a simple fix.
Just to be sure... what fluid are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
5point7 said:
Just to be sure... what fluid are you talking about?
Automatic trans fluid its the dip stick with the flip up lock lever
Check on level ground car running in park or neutral.
Fluid level should be between two marks on the bottom of the stick.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to trans fluid. Thanks for picking me up Holeshot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts