LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 05 little over a year. I clean it quite often. I have super 40's and H-pipe. I've been noticing more and more the inside edge of the tips feel rough. The shiney chrome is disappering and I can't get them back bright.They're not black. Its like they're etching and the chrome is burning off. The right is a bit worse than the left. I've used all the chrome cleaners. These tips are stainless right? Anyone else have this happening. Thanks in advance.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the outside is just fine. And its not anything chipping off on the inside lip, that used to be shiney. They just look like the heat or something has caused the chrome to wear off. And its not something that will rub off. Thanks

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
I've used Zaino on mine since day one. Since my tune I don't get the black
"rich" tips anymore and the tips always clean up as if they were new. I'm not
sure if it is because I use Zaino and you got a bad set maybe, but I'm betting
the Zaino is really protecting my tips. Zaino :ftw:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Powerball but it didn't help. In the sun the right inner lip looks brownish corrosion like and the left is starting to get that way. I guess for some reason after over a year of being bright and shiney it just decided to change. But they are stainless and won't rust, right? Weird! Thanks everyone

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
I use turtlewax chrome polish on them,looks good

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
well, since they are polished stainless, why not use a stainless cleaner/polish thing?:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts