LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Su Sussudio
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the last two times i drove the gto, it has been making squeeking noises. if i travel very slowly, i can hear the squeaks, and the squeaks get faster and faster until i hit around 20 mph, which is when i can't hear them anymore. do you guys have any idea what this is, or what i should do to fix it?? any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If it is an '06 then it must still be under full factory warranty so bring it to the dealer

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
I just developed a similar sqeak, but it appeared after a lapping day, so I'm thinking I may have a slightly warped rotor. I may try what was just mentioned above and see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
ya mine would start doing it after driving a enough to get the rotors hot. If your rotor was warped it would be pulsing in the pedal. More likely its just that shield getting hot and warping.

·
Su Sussudio
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont understand though, how could my disk brakes be warped if I just bought the car? it only has about 100 miles on it, i believe, and I've driven it very carefully. :confused:

·
Su Sussudio
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tboicelli said:
mine was doing the same thing, i just used a screwdriver and pushed the disc shield away from the rotor. no chirp since
can you elaborate, please? I'm sort of a newbie with cars..thanks

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
ya no prob, so if you look through your wheel looking at your rotor youll notice another disc behind your break disc. It's think gauge steel with a curved lip around the outside. If you can spot somwhere that looks closer to the disc break then the rest just push that rear disc away from the disc break. If you still cant figure it out leme know and ill snap a pic of mine.

·
Su Sussudio
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya no prob, so if you look through your wheel looking at your rotor youll notice another disc behind your break disc. It's think gauge steel with a curved lip around the outside. If you can spot somwhere that looks closer to the disc break then the rest just push that rear disc away from the disc break. If you still cant figure it out leme know and ill snap a pic of mine.

cool ill get back to you about that. thanks again :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts