LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A buddy of mine who has this 93 mustang wants to race but said oil is coming out of his valve cover breather. Is this normal? I'm guessing bad rings but not sure.

·
I Arrrghhh Pi-RAT!
2,728 Posts
deffinatly not unheard of i know that.... ive read a few posts about dipsticks getting blown out etc... i imagine if you use search they will pop up

·
I need more cowbell!
370 Posts
I had a 91 LX 5.0. There is a splash guard blocking the oil filler shaft (for lack of a better name). When I put after market rockers on, they were taller than the original ones and I had to take the splash guard off. That meant that as the rockers were "rocking", oil was being splashed up the filler tube.

As for the breather going back to the intake, I can't recall if there was a splash guard there too. But if he has aftermarket rockers, it may be something to check.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Tell him to get rid of the breather and seal the crankcase up like it should be. Get a turbocoupe pcv to keep it from pressurizing under boost.
He needs to get on the Corral and search around, there's lots of things that could be causing it, under boost it will likely get some blowby though if it's got any miles on it.
Just curious, one of the local guys just sold a super nice coupe with a Procharger to someone down there, what color is it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts