LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
silver moose said:
12.20 @ 112 mph
Sweet, but we need more details. Time slip, how much boost, any other mods, how about a video.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
silver moose said:
I have no video and if i did i have no idea how to show it.I have the time slips and dont know how to scan them.
Post all the times just like the slip has them.
Any other mods? A4 or M6?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Awesome. Just think what will happen when it is fully sorted.

·
Registered
206 Posts
silver moose said:
12.20 @ 112 mph
Silver Moose let me know what it does on Tuesday cant wait to see what it does without a 10mph head wind your racing into, cool the blower off and go. Your gears are waiting when you want them. This car is a Automatic by the way with 7 psi of boost, cats still on the car and stock heads and cam.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Opticz06 said:
Silver Moose let me know what it does on Tuesday cant wait to see what it does without a 10mph head wind your racing into, cool the blower off and go. Your gears are waiting when you want them. This car is a Automatic by the way with 7 psi of boost, cats still on the car and stock heads and cam.
No Stall?

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Come on, no pics? Any dyno numbers?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wow, was it lightened up or something.

virtual drag shows the gto's at 12.3 @ 115 and 3775 weight?

12.2 and lower speed is interesting. stall has something to do with that?

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Virtual drag may or may not be correct. Remember, real world > virtual reality desktop drag racing.

·
Ph.D. in R.E.
407 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Wow, was it lightened up or something.

virtual drag shows the gto's at 12.3 @ 115 and 3775 weight?

12.2 and lower speed is interesting. stall has something to do with that?
The stall may affect the mph somewhat, particularly if it's not as efficient as the value entered in the software.

·
Registered
662 Posts
kewl little web site that you can enter your cars weight, and rwhp and it will guestimate what your 1/4 miles times should be "in a perfect world"

I am just hoping the tuner from magnuson gets here tomorrow, ups shows it supposed to be delivered 10/21. If it does I am hitting the mooresville 1/4 drag strip to get some times. may even take the SS out also. need to see how it does with the cam.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I've found that the Desktop Dragstrip 2000 software is fairly accurate if numbers entered are correct and conditions set in the software are reasonable. (You can adjust anything from rollout, launch rpm, tire width, diameter, growth rate and traction level clear to weather conditions.) Now benchtop racing is just that, but you can get a pretty good gauge on things with the software if you understand how to use it well enough. I've had it since it came out and found it to be within +/- 1/10th and about 1 mph of my average actual times with my current car which isnt bad considering I dont even have that much consistancy driving it at the track to begin with.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I used this util, think you have to register to get to this one also.

http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/trapspeed_lbs_hp.php

You Entered:
Vehicle Weight - 3725 (lbs)
Wheel HP - 400 (HP)

Results:
Trap Speed - 115.95 (mph @ end of 1/4 mi.)
E.T. - 12.25 (seconds @ end of 1/4 mi.)

So actually your right on :D

Using your times to get HP:

http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/hp_et.php

Vehicle Weight (lbs) 3725
Elapsed Time
(sec) 12.20
Drivetrain loss
(%) 20

Results:
405.4 Rear Wheel HP
506.8 Crankshaft HP

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
good job man, next you gotta go for 10 seconds, and then you can say that stupid line, "i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less, im free" (you know im not serious about the stupid line part!)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
good job man, next you gotta go for 10 seconds, and then you can say that stupid line, "i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less, im free" (you know im not serious about the stupid line part!)
You forgot part of the line, goes in the middle :) (yes I know, terrible for me to remember) - "Nothing else matters, not the store, not my friends and all their bull$hit."

·
Registered
206 Posts
phobos512 said:
You forgot part of the line, goes in the middle :) (yes I know, terrible for me to remember) - "Nothing else matters, not the store, not my friends and all their bull$hit."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts