LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What belt size should be used with a 4.1'' pulley on a D1?
2) Shouldn't there be a place we can look up belt sizes with different pulley configurations/platforms? If there is, does someone have a link?

Thanks

·
Old Guys Rule
3,076 Posts
shizon said:
1) What belt size should be used with a 4.1'' pulley on a D1?
2) Shouldn't there be a place we can look up belt sizes with different pulley configurations/platforms? If there is, does someone have a link?

Thanks
I would think there would be enough adjustment in the tensioner to use the as supplied belt with a 4.1 pulley?????

Have you tried the Gates web site for sizing?
their website is slow this morning or I would have posted a link. I have a PDF catalog if you need it PM me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was looking and right now there is a 4.5'' pulley on. I think if it does work...it's going to be very very very close.

·
More Boost = More Fun!
1,461 Posts
I just went through this with ATI. They sent me the wrong D-1SC pulley for my desired psi and the wrong belt for the pulley size they sent me.! I now have the correct 4.13" pulley (10 psi) and the belt is a gates K080550 available at NAPA and just about anyplace that sells belts. I used the belt tensioning procedure from the troubleshooting section of their website.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome

I was about to just PM you cause I thought you were running about the same setup. Have you dynoed yet?

·
More Boost = More Fun!
1,461 Posts
My pulley/belt combo works with my tensioner. The previous setup didn't. You had to see it to understand how much better it is now.
I have clutch issues now (spec 3) that prevent me from dynoing and getting my final tune. But she hauls ass.!
12.70 @ 109, 1.9 60ft clutch slipping all the way.:burnout:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch. We have a spec2+ on the setup and it's holding pretty well so far. The 4.1'' pulley will have something to say about that I'm sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts