LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rob S
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am looking at purchasing a procharger, cam, springs, pushrods, and possible a harmonic damper if i need the D-1SC blower. First which blower would you guys suggest? (All that is done now is a complete exhaust system) Can you guys give me a suggestion of a package and where to buy it? Thank a lot...
-Rob

·
Driveline upgrades & parts.
1,662 Posts
GTO4EVR said:
Hey guys i am looking at purchasing a procharger, cam, springs, pushrods, and possible a harmonic damper if i need the D-1SC blower. First which blower would you guys suggest? (All that is done now is a complete exhaust system) Can you guys give me a suggestion of a package and where to buy it? Thank a lot...
-Rob
AZPS

Get the D-1SC with the CB02 cam comp springs retainer and pushrods they have a fuel system too!

you will make bulk power! :ftw:

trust me! :gears:

·
Rob S
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DiffTechnics said:
AZPS

Get the D-1SC with the CB02 cam comp springs retainer and pushrods they have a fuel system too!

you will make bulk power! :ftw:

trust me! :gears:
Hey yeah i heard of AZPS but i have not been able to access their website. Anyone have a working link?

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Headers, Exhaust, and Cam. You will probably pick up 50rwhp with those add ons alone!

·
Rob S
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TrakDay said:
Headers, Exhaust, and Cam. You will probably pick up 50rwhp with those add ons alone!
hmm yeah that was the thread i was looking at to build this much hp. Thanks trakday for the suggestion about azps... Yea i was trying to figure out what cam and spring package to go with because i really have no idea lol...I hope that all the other internals will be able to hold up if i start running higher RPM's & more boost. Anyones comment is greatly appreciated....

-Rob

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
sorry guys the website is being worked on.In the meantime you can give us a call at....866-966-1168 it will be worth the call

remember its a DOG EAT DOG WORLD,AND AZPS CAN PUT YOU AT THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN

·
More Boost = More Fun!
1,461 Posts
+1 Azps

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
GTO4EVR said:
hmm yeah that was the thread i was looking at to build this much hp. Thanks trakday for the suggestion about azps... Yea i was trying to figure out what cam and spring package to go with because i really have no idea lol...I hope that all the other internals will be able to hold up if i start running higher RPM's & more boost. Anyones comment is greatly appreciated....

-Rob
Well I was spinning my car to 7k RPMs on the stock bottom end with upgraded valvetrain and a cam. 600+rwhp with over 60passes on the car. Never any motor problems! Just tore up a lot of rear ends!

·
Registered
292 Posts
TrakDay said:
Well I was spinning my car to 7k RPMs on the stock bottom end with upgraded valvetrain and a cam. 600+rwhp with over 60passes on the car. Never any motor problems! Just tore up a lot of rear ends!
Good luck in keeping the bottom end

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
mean machine said:
Well... the car was running fine when I tore it down. Over 12k miles on the blower/cam/7k rpms setup... Never had any motor problems at all. If you have a good tuner it will be fine.

Oh yeah... I would be willing that when my car is running I drive it hardder than anyone on this board. 7k RPMs on a daily basis. So its not like I was babying it for 12k miles. I was really beating the piss out of it!

·
Registered
788 Posts
trakday,

did you ever change springs on that setup? 918's or 921's?

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
shizon said:
trakday,

did you ever change springs on that setup? 918's or 921's?
Just 918s

·
Rob S
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
another question for you guys: If I buy the D-1SC blower, cam and valvetrain upgrade, what psi boost does the procharger run without any pulley upgrades? or is this determined by a dump valve? Thanks- sorry for such simple questions

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
GTO4EVR said:
another question for you guys: If I buy the D-1SC blower, cam and valvetrain upgrade, what psi boost does the procharger run without any pulley upgrades? or is this determined by a dump valve? Thanks- sorry for such simple questions
Depends which pulley the kit comes with. Anywhere between 7 and 9psi would be my guess.

I am selling my F1C Procharger setup too btw. Bigger blower than the D1SC blower. PM me if your interested. I am asking 5500 for the kit with all upgrades and 5k with the factory ATI parts.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
mean machine said:
Why do so many internet forum types make comments like this??? I have seen more than a couple 7k rpm LS1 motors with stock bottom ends without fail. Why do so many people have to just parrot stuff they read on message boards? That is why I rarely waste my time reading "advice" over the web... If you are that concerned, just add ARP's for safety. Many people have done things over and over again without problems, but the few times people do have problems- it is automatically a "rule" that you can't do something- it does not matter what *their* tune, maintanance, quality of work, etc. were- it is just "set in stone- you can't do this". Ridiculous.
Joe

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
TrakDay said:
I would be willing that when my car is running I drive it hardder than anyone on this board. 7k RPMs on a daily basis. So its not like I was babying it for 12k miles. I was really beating the piss out of it!
I'll take that bet :fawkdance :gears: ..

I see this crap on every car related forum I have ever been on- there are a handful of guys who know what they are doing going fast with little or no failure, then there are the "internet racers" who can tell you every tuning parameter they have fine tuned and how perfect their cars are- running slower than stock- but hey "it's never going to break" :).
Joe

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
kwiktsi said:
I'll take that bet :fawkdance :gears: ..

I see this crap on every car related forum I have ever been on- there are a handful of guys who know what they are doing going fast with little or no failure, then there are the "internet racers" who can tell you every tuning parameter they have fine tuned and how perfect their cars are- running slower than stock- but hey "it's never going to break" :).
Joe
Don't forget I have also logged a few 17psi pulls with the F1C blower on the stock bottom end... LOL Never had it on the dyno, but wow was it strong as hell!

I hear ya, people will do what they want. I always push the edge of reliable and power. It makes it more interesting!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts