LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Memphis TN
Joined
·
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple cosmetic issues I would like some help on.

First, the radiator cover that must be trimmed to clear the intake pipe just doesn't look right. It appears like it's propped up on the tubing, any ideas for further trimming without having to cut into the catalyst sticker?

Secondly, the "stock" procharger hoses look like hell, has anyone switched to a nice silcone hose setup and nicer clamps?
 

·
sincitygoats.com
Joined
·
4,827 Posts
umm what hoses are you talking about? it's a self contained system... unless you are referring to the vaccum lines, which look just like the factory shit?..
none of my stickers were harmed and my radiator cover doesnt touch a thing.
 

·
Memphis TN
Joined
·
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcain said:
umm what hoses are you talking about? it's a self contained system... unless you are referring to the vaccum lines, which look just like the factory shit?..
none of my stickers were harmed and my radiator cover doesnt touch a thing.
Do you have any over the top pics of this area? maybe my intake pipe is not adjusted correctly?? The hoses I am referring to are the 3-4" diameter hoses were the piping connects to the throttle body etc.
 

·
Back at it again.....
Joined
·
948 Posts
Yeah, I feel ya' on this one. I asked the same thing a while back in a similar thread. The ATI piping looks like crap. I would love to get some blue silicone tubing or some chrome mocked up in place of the current stuff. My radiator coveris also cut and I hate it.

Jcain- The reason your radiator cover isnt cut is because you still have your stock intake manifold. When running the Fast it angles the TB piping up causing it to hit the radiator cover if not trimmed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
jcain said:
umm what hoses are you talking about? it's a self contained system... unless you are referring to the vaccum lines, which look just like the factory shit?..
none of my stickers were harmed and my radiator cover doesnt touch a thing.
sounds to me like he's referring to the rubber hose couplers. Maybe reading the post will help?
 

·
sincitygoats.com
Joined
·
4,827 Posts
maybe you should read it? "rubber hoses" thats quite vague, so is "nicer clamps"... carry on pulse04
 

·
sincitygoats.com
Joined
·
4,827 Posts
CRZYLS2 said:
Yeah, I feel ya' on this one. I asked the same thing a while back in a similar thread. The ATI piping looks like crap. I would love to get some blue silicone tubing or some chrome mocked up in place of the current stuff. My radiator coveris also cut and I hate it.

Jcain- The reason your radiator cover isnt cut is because you still have your stock intake manifold. When running the Fast it angles the TB piping up causing it to hit the radiator cover if not trimmed.
My radiator is in fact trimmed quite a bit, but I think they way the routed my piping and i/c is the leading cause as to "where" it's been trimmed? I'm not sure. Good idea on the FAST though, that may in fact be why
 

·
Old Guys Rule
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
jmasse said:
I have a couple cosmetic issues I would like some help on.

First, the radiator cover that must be trimmed to clear the intake pipe just doesn't look right. It appears like it's propped up on the tubing, any ideas for further trimming without having to cut into the catalyst sticker?
Here is how I did mine....



 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top