LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Good Information!!!

If the story holds up there are some obvious mods right off the top that need to be taken care of!!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
429 Posts
i hope that a gto running right will make more hp than that. 262 is not enough in my book. my 2000z made 308 rwh even with the automatic trans my friends 02 z 6spd made 312 rwh i guess while iam test driving mine(when it gets here) ill run it over to the dyno and go from there :mad: :(

·
Registered
429 Posts
well must of been that 20hp holley filter then even though stock with even paper filter the car ran in the 1/4 [email protected] i then added a filter and a lid it ran the same i then added a mas air sensor from slp and a magna flow muffler and it still ran the same? ps never seen a in decent shape 98 to 02 auto lsi car @280rwh

·
Registered
429 Posts
when/ imean if they ship them/ i get mine iam going to the dyno after 500 to 1000 mile i hope it dynos at least 300 and it should after all it should be more hp than the current ls1 engine in the z28 ???

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
My '98 stock did 283.

the '02's were doing 310+ routinely stock and even a few ringers in the 320's. They're all over LS1Tech.com Even a fellow former co-worker who had his stock Collector Edition T/A ripped off a 325 rwhp on your dyno Jon.

Something is either wrong or someone is missing a conversion factor.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
They have to correct for temp, humidity, barometric pressure, then there is an SAE correction factor.

·
Registered
429 Posts
yes also when you let off the throttle the car will lean out and give a higher # mine was 312 when i dynoed mine last the 308 was the factored in # but i was wrong it was 301 with a filter factored in and 308 factored in with a mti lid

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Lane --- are we talking auto or m6?

Im JUST talking about autos. The z06 made 353RWHP bone stock...... i know these things can make power :) its just the a4 bone stock #'s that are not the best
Both, but yes, I will say that A4's do tend to be a little lower than M6's. But that amount that was churned out on this dyno. Something has to be wrong. Perhaps the parking brake is on slightly. :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I think you may need to call the boys at Dynojet and have them fly out and recalibrate. :D Even mine seem a little low. :)

But then again I've seen many with great numbers on yours (dunno what all trans they had though).

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
6 of one, half dozen of another. FLP's also tends to be low. PTC seems to get higher results, can't really say with Street Stuff as I've only dyno'd there once.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.