LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Production Event Codes Explained

I hope this helps:

What are "Event Codes" and what they mean?
Every dealer has the ability to monitor the progress of a specific order as identified by its order number (6 digits) assigned upon order generation to the dealership. Here are the event codes that a dealer can view and their meaning:

1100-Order Submitted by dealer
1101-order Accepted by GM
2001-Order Generated to dealer
2005-Order Replaced with GM Prospec order
2050-Order Changed
2500-Order Sent to production, preferenced
3000-Order Accepted by production control
3100-Order Available to sequence (now the tpw becomes more stable)
3400-Order Broadcasted for production
3800-Vehicle produced
4150-Vehicled invoiced to dealer
4200-Vehicle shipped
5000-Vehicle delivered to dealer
6000-Vehicle delivered to customer
6010-Vehicle delivery change

*****EDIT*****UPDATED PER JIM HOPSON*****

Event Code Description
3450 Vehicle produced and held at port in Australia
3550 Loaded onto ship (on the water)
3750 Arrived at U.S. port
3800 Produced at port (quality processing complete)
4000 Released to carrier (trains, trucks, etc.)
5000 Delivered to dealer (on dealer lot)

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
One more time.....

Per Z06J:

"Ok guys this is for everybody 3300 is a code that means the vehicle is scheduled for production. Since your car rushhour has a TPW of 9/10/03 your vehicle is being built as we speak. I hope this helps everyone when your status goes from 3000 to 3300."

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
Anyone know what a 3750 code is. My vehicle supposedly rolled off the boat last week. No other info from dealer. TIA

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
Mine just went from a 3750 to a 3800. Seems to be moving backwards if our chart is correct. However, dealer now has a VIN which would seem to indicate forward progress. Dealer said they're using different codes for the GTO, so perhaps 3800 doesn't mean what we think it does. Just check the Sep and Oct TPW's versus the codes, and you'll see what I mean

·
Goatman
228 Posts
3800-Vehicle produced - they probably mean from Pontiac (not Holden).
That's a step forward from 3750 - Import Vechicle Received at Port of Entry.

Congrats on the VIN

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I have a question. The code for my GTO is 5000 and I still have not received the car yet. The GTO is in rail transit, so how can it be a 5000?

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
The NY Times had an article yesterday on how Lutz is pushing GM to pay attention to the small things. The idea being that quality control/customer satisfaction will be increase & more GM cars will be sold. Great concept - if GM can execute it.

That being said - I assume the reason we are not seeing any of the 5000 series cars (mine being one of them 9/10 TPW) is the Mr. Lutz is personally inspecting each and everyone of them to ensure that all of the "small details" are taken care of.

A note to Mr. Lutz - one of the small details your division has not picked up on is how to effectively communicate with their customers and provide real information in lieu of BS. If you don't believe me just read this board!

P.S. - you missed your delivery time frame of 60-90 days w/o word of were the car is (118 days and counting). A simple note explaining what the real hold up was - would have sufficed 4 weeks ago - lets face it everyone has problems - so all you had to do was tell us what Pontiacs issues were. But you didn't - oops there goes one of those small details!

I wonder if anyone has told the mags about this failure?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe we should email the mags and let them on this board and the evergrowing dissatifaction!

I will try to gather the contact emails from them for a future post!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree with rushhour.... I bet if we all threaten to talk to the credible car magazines or newspapers, that all of a sudden we would get a flood of information from pontiac/GM. Sure they don't want all that bad publicity

·
Registered
294 Posts
Of course Pontiac made a big deal that Jim W. got his car two weeks ago in Michigan!!

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
I don't begrudge Jim his car - lets face it without him there may not be a GTO.

That being said - I do begrudge GM for using the turnover as a media event - when no one else was getting their cars. It made it seem that the car was on the lots. These guys should fill in for Zigfried & Roy, given their slight of hand routines.

Now as respect the mag idea - since they/GM are crowing about their ability to put this car together in record time (and rightly so - they did a great job on the engineering side) - they should also have to take the responsibility for their ineptness regarding communicating with their clients and delivery of said "miracle vehicle".

·
Registered
50 Posts
04GOAT said:
According to the following article on CNN Pontiac is focusing on a diffrent car. No mention of the GTO but just all of Pontiac's focus is on the Pontiac Solstice. Maybe this why were all being screwed. They are working on this car and a new pontiac G6.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/04/pf/autos/bc.autoshow.gm.pontiac.reut/index.htm
I love the way the article says that the Soltice will be on sale late next year! They left off the part where delivery won't happen untill 2009!!!

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Received my car on Wednesday January 14, 2004. My production status is still at 3750. Can that be. Oh ya, I just talked to Pontiac via telephone and they said that my car was in between the production plant and the shipping doc. Do they understand how to use a phone to communicate with austrailia when their computers don't work. My car is in my possession and the production status can be changed. Just to mention the lady in the customer service I was "working with" was fired the day I received my car, what a shame. Wasn't here fault

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
18 Participants
Big Blue Daddy
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing