LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching aftermarket wheels for my GTO, yet have seen conflicting specifications regarding proper offset.

Can somebody help me bury this dead dog and give me the proper spec?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
jake said:
I am researching aftermarket wheels for my GTO, yet have seen conflicting specifications regarding proper offset.

Can somebody help me bury this dead dog and give me the proper spec?

Thanks
the proper aftermarket wheels have to have 5x120 bolt pattern and 48ml pos offset the wheel nuts are 12x 1.5 thread the wheel nuts are tapered and the wheel nut head is 19mil. i hope this can help you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aussie Bill:

One last question...could I go to a 40 mm offset without negative ramifications?

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
jake said:
Thanks Aussie Bill:

One last question...could I go to a 40 mm offset without negative ramifications?
Only at your own risk. Check Howie's exhaustive analysis of what fits and what doesn't. I'm all good with his knowledge. ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am doing OK with 275's on the back with 9' wide wheels that have (according to the sales lady at Intro) 50mm BACKSPACING. No rubbing, no mods.

·
Lil Cosmos GTO
507 Posts
Have just installed my 5 spoke chrome Z28 wheels (17 x 9.5) with 275x40x17 tires on the rear of my Goat and they fit very well. Bolt pattern is .6mm difference (or so they say), but the wheels fit perfectly, bolt up tight (83 ft. lbs of torque) and the 275 tires look awesome.
I am sticking with the stock wheels though. as they look better in my opinion, on my car.
If anyone is interested, I can e-mail pics of the comparison (rear wheel fit only). I wont even try to put these meats on the front. The stock tires are puny compared to the 275's.
I can also provide the offset if anyone is interested. I bought the wheels out of Sarasota, Florida via E-bay and the cost was considerably less than $1,000 for the set of 4. I am gonna put 275's on my stock wheels (rear only) if they will fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts