LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocky Mountain Club Grand Prix has proposed a Grand Prix/RMGTO Dyno Day at Dyno Pro for Saturday, October 23rd.

If there's interest in attending, I'll put it on the RMGTO Events Calendar.

I've no additional mods since the last time I ran, but I am at 4500 miles, where the LS1 is supposed to have "loosened up", so it'll be interesting to see if there's any more there than there was right after I bought it.

If (10) cars are run, the cost per person is $50 for a baseline (generally 2-3 pulls).

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
More info…

It would start at 10:00 and would cost $50 for 3 pulls – you would be allowed only minor tweaks (5-10 minutes) between Pulls.

Then after everyone is done with their Dynos (about 1:00’ish), we will go on a cruise up into the hills – more details to follow.

Let us know ASAP so we can get this organized.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll put the event on the Calendar. But please - if you plan to attend, RSVP here for planning purposes.

If it were the AWD dyno at MAC in Parker, I'd participate twice. But c'est la vie.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Can't make it, bro. I'll be TDY.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sucks, Boe. We gotta get you down here sometime soon.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
I'll be in Denver this weekend for a wedding, but I'll be taking the SS if the weather is nice. I'll holler at you guys when I get back from Texas and see what's coming up. Did anybody make it to the car show they had out at Anheuser a few weeks back?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not I. Wasn't even aware of it.

This winter might be a bit slow for RMGTO events, but you can bet that this coming spring, things'll start happening.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
I know, the weather is going to suck. There were some pretty sweet rides up there. Quite a few Goats, but all the owners I talked to were hating on the new ones.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boefadeez said:
I know, the weather is going to suck. There were some pretty sweet rides up there. Quite a few Goats, but all the owners I talked to were hating on the new ones.
I guess that's their problem. :cool:

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
I wanted to make this dyno day/cruise but my company is having an all-company bash Saturday night and all of the managers are required for a planning session in the early afternoon. Also, my daughter has a soccer game in the morning. So, I can't make the run or the dyno, unfortunately, which sucks because I need to get a baseline before the winter mods... I might have to go for an early November dyno run.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've a butt-ton of work to do that day, but I'll do my best to make a token appearance to show my support for RMGTO.

Otherwise, I think it's all you, Chuck.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...We should definitely arrange an RMGTO Dyno Day sometime this season, however.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Doric said:
I've a butt-ton of work to do that day, but I'll do my best to make a token appearance to show my support for RMGTO.

Otherwise, I think it's all you, Chuck.
F'n work. :bomb: It is always something.

The best part will be the cruise - that Golden Gate Canyon road is wicked fun :cool:

I will not be ready for a Dyno until April :secret:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doric said:
...We should definitely arrange an RMGTO Dyno Day sometime this season, however.
Possibly in Ft Collins at that place with the AWD dyno... there is one up this way, isn't there? :cool:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just want to see what my car will do on the dyno, I've almost come to the conclusion that the car is fast enough for a family car and everything I wanted in midsize coupe. I'm happy with my times and now feel if I begin to really modify the car it might take away from the drivabilty and lead to possible breakage of driveline parts. Anyways, I have the Camaro to turn into a monster, so its not as severe if I break something on that car.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
rambur said:
Possibly in Ft Collins at that place with the AWD dyno... there is one up this way, isn't there? :cool:
Not that I am aware of.

The only Dyno’s that I know of in the Fort are at…
PFI Performance
And
RedLine Motorsports - www.4redlinemotorsports.com

and they are only two wheel dynos.

PFI turbos the Civics
Redline turbos the Vettes

·
Registered
25 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
Not that I am aware of.

The only Dyno’s that I know of in the Fort are at…
PFI Performance
And
RedLine Motorsports - www.4redlinemotorsports.com

and they are only two wheel dynos.

PFI turbos the Civics
Redline turbos the Vettes
Hmmm, OK. Don't know who I'm thinking of that has a AWD dyno, then. *shrug*

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rambur said:
Hmmm, OK. Don't know who I'm thinking of that has a AWD dyno, then. *shrug*
MAC in Parker. That's where I'd go.

To rephrase: that's where I will go when I get a wild hair to dyno the Talon. It's just as easy to strap the Goat down on the same dyno. The downsides are that MAC doesn't have anything comparable to DP's MHHR list, it's not an RMCGP-sanctioned Dyno Queen location, and it's not as centrally-located as Dyno Pro.

My tongue is planted firmly in my cheek, gents. If you can't take a joke, wellll... :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts