LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have it, and have all of the forward facing Lips covered in it to prevent stone chip damage. Its great stuff, and works wonders on fender lips to prevent the stone chips!
Its worth its weight in GOLD!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Yeah, I remember seeing a demo application on Discovery Channel. Pretty amazing stuff. Believe it or not, my "door ding phobia" has pretty much subsided. After the "Chevy S10 Rock Throwing Incident", I've given up trying to keep her pristine. Besides, I have every intention of taking her to the track where she's sure to get scuffed up a little bit. I'll do my best to keep her clean, but the random paint chip isn't going to put me in the trauma ward (anymore).

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Rocket said:
What kind of track are you going to?
My stuff never gets beat up at the track..... :confused:
I went to a nearby 1/8th mile track to try the "drag race experience". I took three runs, and somewhere in there I managed to get a nice little ding on the hood. For all I know, it happened on the drive home. The moral of the story is, I drive my car pretty hard, so I don't expect to keep it in "car show" condition.

Not to say the protectant isn't a good idea. It certainly is! Having that installed just isn't high on my priority list. If I ever spring for a new paint job, I'd definitely go for something like that protectant.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
that is pretty cool stuff. i think i saw them use it on horsepower tv or something. i will definatly have to consider it as replacment of a bra

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Weight in Gold

Rocket said:
I have it, and have all of the forward facing Lips covered in it to prevent stone chip damage. Its great stuff, and works wonders on fender lips to prevent the stone chips!
Its worth its weight in GOLD!
I have an installation shop right next door in Avon, MA. I shudder to ask what the cost is.... :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts