LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I noticed that there were a few Democrats already there that were visiting the troops and then the sudden unannounced visit by the prez. Damn media events is what they are.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you think G.W. did this for the media, you've had WAY too much to drink.

"Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated."

Just like Clinton, G.W. is a common man's man. It was a great thing to do for our uniformed men and women.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
He's up for re-election soon, so this was nothing more than a campaign stoker.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Listen, I'm a die hard Bush supporter and conservative Republican party groupee. I love what he is doing and I like to give the rest of the world, especially France my middle finger and tell them all to F*ck off! Either you're with us, or you're next!

But even I can see through this. It's nice what he did, I'm not taking that away from him, but do you honestly think there is no hidden agenda behind it?

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I don't think there is any "hidden agenda" but then I guess some people ALWAYS see a conspiracy.....

I think he did it because he TRULY cares about out troops. But you are god so you must be right.....uh oh, I'm back to that FU again.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I know this is the lounge and we can talk about damn near anything we want but if there is one thing I've learned it's don't talk about politics unless you want a fight. :rolleyes:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, Politics on the net is like the abortion issue FOR the politicians.

Dav, it has nothing to do with me dreaming up "conspiratist" thoughts, just that no matter what party they subscribe to, they have an agenda. Period, nada, end of story.

I certainly hope he is successful in being re-elected as I don't want to see Hillary and her wife Billie back in the oval office. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is unfortunate that it is an election year and all people can do is bash Bush for visiting the troops in a hostile enviroment as a political stunt.

He is legitimately concerned for the troops. He is an man of honor and has shown that throughout his presidency. Get off it guys.. you are getting nothing for the rederic about a political stunt. Can't the man so something just for the troops?

I am suprised at the conversation around this event. The Democrats are scrambling for something to run on...The economy is doing better...the country of Iraq and Afganastan is showing improvement in economy and infrastructure...The Vietnam issue is being defused...Teh Iran issue is noe in out in the public...Russia nd Germany are now talking to us again...Irsrael and Palastine are getting ready to talk again...shall I go on.

We have a good presidient that truely cares about his country. That is my two cents worth.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I never said he didn't care!

I'm sure he did this out of the goodness out of his heart and I truly doubt slick Willie would've hopped in Air Force 1 and flown halfway around the world to do the same. He was too busy selling secrets to the Chinese while getting hummers and could care less about our servicemen and women.

But once again, a politician is a politician. If you don't think so, you're simply being naive in telling me that I'm getting nothing for my "rhetoric".

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think that is very funny to see that everything has to be political to some people. You call me naive oh well if that is what you think to each his own. If he wanted it to be a media circus he would have risked it and told everyone that he was going. I really do not thin he cared if there were any of them there. He did take a few but only those that I am sure he felt would report this thing as biased and accurate as possible.

I will concede that is did not hurt him politically and that is why I said it is unfortunate that it is an election year.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Exactly, this move was a little more calculated than just hopping on the plane and going.

I wasn't calling you specifically naive, but in general those who think this has no "political" bearings or motivation behind it.

I'm happy he went though. It shows he's got more cojones than another certain president before him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts