LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My 04 is in the shop. It is leaking fluid from the power steering cooler. The shop is unable to source a replacement. Dealership said the part is discontinued.

Any suggestions sourcing the part? Its part #92155947.

Are there any aftermarket solutions the shop can use?

·
Powdercoat all of it
96 Posts
Yes, any Derale cooler should be fine. Truthfully, the stock cooler is pretty wimpy anyway. Guess it's better than a sharp stick in the eye, but it's really not all that outstanding in OE configuration. A rail cooler should be more than sufficient, something like Derale 12200. If you're really in a bind, you can probably bypass the cooler all together with a loop and not see a significant issue. I'm planning on doing a rail cooler soon as mine's leaking as well. Check the ends, make sure they're 3/8" and not 1/2".

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,023 Posts
Parts store transmission cooler will do a better job than the OE unit. $30 at your favorite partszone.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Get any coil for anything. You can get a 30 dollar replacement transmission cooler or anything and use that and have a better...

Glynn beat me to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
PS Cooler

I have low pressure lines and cooler from 2005 GTO and don't think there is any difference. PM me if you are interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts