LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Public Service Announcment:

I wanted to let you guys know in Michigan, that are in the Livonia/Plymouth/Canton area...

Stay in the left lane only, traveling at all on Plymouth Road (East Or West). I hit the most god forsaken, deep ass, nasty pothole in my entire life, and I kid you not I'm pretty sure I have either dented both rims, or have developed a slow leak in both tires because it hit so hard I swear to God the strut was going to explode at both corners.

East Bound Plymouth Road, just west of Levan Road. Right lane near entrance to Sunoco Gas Station. Just stay the hell away from it...I kid you not its ****ing terrible...

·
Will design cars for food
1,540 Posts
Thanks for the warning. I drive around there when visiting my wife at work and she's on Plymouth between Farmington and Wayne to and from work.

Check your tires for bubbles in the sidewall. They could be on the inside and you wouldn't see it if you just looked around the outside. It happened twice on my wife's Audi a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the car goes in the dealer today for the rear-end again. Should I have them look at it? Or should I not claim responsibility immediately? Maybe see if they could cover it under warranty?

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Ive noticed this too, I almost pulled a smokey and the bandit manuever on plymouth rd the other day trying to avoid a crater that mars would be jealous of.

Hey, hopefully they take care of your diff this time. Bob sellers will make it right, good luck.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
usually if there is damage and you complain right away to the municipality with the specific location of the pothole they will pay for repair costs. (at least that was my luck in IL)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04JRB said:
Ive noticed this too, I almost pulled a smokey and the bandit manuever on plymouth rd the other day trying to avoid a crater that mars would be jealous of.

Hey, hopefully they take care of your diff this time. Bob sellers will make it right, good luck.
Actually Bob Sellers had their chances..they still denied over and over.

The car is at another dealer right now, with the rear end out of the car and a new one being delivered and installed tomorrow. And I am driving a 07 Buick Rendezvous as a loaner! Best treatment i've received thus far!

I told them about the pot hole and they said on the inside of the tire was some bubbles in the sidewall. What does this mean? Bad news?

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
Mike over here was flipping out yesturday at buddies pizza ! !!!!!!!
04jrb needs to cruise with me n mike one of these days before it snows

·
Registered Boozer
367 Posts
Thanks for the info, gotta love michigan roads. Almost went that way the other day when the a semi was disabled on 96 (leaking gas?)...

enjoy the rendezvous!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kmaro said:
Thanks for the info, gotta love michigan roads. Almost went that way the other day when the a semi was disabled on 96 (leaking gas?)...

enjoy the rendezvous!

Was that today?? I seen a car on fire at i696 and Woodward today, pretty insane ish.

Hey what can I say, I feel I owe it to you guys because I don't want anyone with a GTO to feel the udder shock and pain I felt..I swear to God. My girlfriend was like WTF?!? Thats bullish!!! And I was like....."....give me a minute..." I thought both struts were going to fly through the hood lol.

Once again, another Buick that I have as a rental, blows my stock radio out of the water with Buick OEM radio equipment. These door speakers are knockin so hard at my knees, "like some midgets in the trunk wrastlin" - Big Boi

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Darn, let me know when guys. I am all for takin the goat out but we should organize at least one more meeting that everyone can go to.

I am Interested in spectating at milan tomorrow. I cant decide if I want to watch Lidstrom get the "C" tomorrow or watch some fast cars at the track. On one hand Im a huge wings fan and on the other Its gona be a beautiful day tomorrow.

Anyone else interested in meeting up and going?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What time? I may be able to swing it?

On a side note, got the rear end fixed. LOVING it..the ass end feels completely different. Reacts alot smoother and stronger to throttle changes, no more chattering at low RPMS when letting off the gas and reapplying (when slowing down with traffic) and the howl is now minimized to a faint whine which GM claims is "normal". Trust me, its hardly noticable anymore, which is perfect.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Reminds me of some of the Roads in

Montana.

We call them "Tank Traps". Cars disappear in them never to be seen again.

Seriously, if you hit that hard, I would highly recommend getting your front and rear (the IRS hit the same thing your front end suspension hit) suspensions checked out to make sure you didn't knock everything out of alignment. You may have bent some things as well.

I hate doing that to a car.

The Interstates and roads in this country just seem get worse and worse.

Good luck.

Doc

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest I'm just going to leave it alone for a little while until I get the winter wheels and tires installed, then we'll see. But for now, I need to just drive the car, and stay aware. I'm tired of it being in the shop every other day.

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Silver Ecstasy said:
What time? I may be able to swing it?

On a side note, got the rear end fixed. LOVING it..the ass end feels completely different. Reacts alot smoother and stronger to throttle changes, no more chattering at low RPMS when letting off the gas and reapplying (when slowing down with traffic) and the howl is now minimized to a faint whine which GM claims is "normal". Trust me, its hardly noticable anymore, which is perfect.
I am leaving downtown Northville at about 4:30pm to head down there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts