LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hAD just left work heading back to Austin, MMOB, when I see this red camaro (98-02ish) in the rearview. When the driver pulled beside me I didnt see any "z28" or "ss" badging so I thought "v6" and continued to MMOB, and the driver casually passed me. Well when the traffic cleared, some how we ended back along side of each other and the guy wanted to run. This is when I notice that the camaro sounded like a v8 (when the driver dropped into gear:eek: ).
Well, we were doing about 65 mph. I dropped into 3rd he sucked beside me until 80mph then I started pulling away. On round two. We slowed to about 50 mph and he hung on until mid of 3rd and then goat vanished before his eyes by 4th :burnout:. Cool guy we gave the thumbs up and went our ways.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
sneaky Kingons :D.

I know of a few around here that took V6 cars and dropped in V8s.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a suprise. Lately since the maggie, I have only encounted non-stock cars. I guess the heavens keeps things fair:judge: , but I would like to run a stock something to compare the results of the maggie install

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Around Chicago, Camaros with V8's and no Z28 badges are typically driven by state troopers... I wouldn't race one. :)

·
Gone but not forgoten
186 Posts
pennsylvania its mustang gt convertables with holographic badging. look totally civillian until its to late and your ****ed

·
Crankcase Oil Formulator
553 Posts
Could have been a B4C Camaro. They are hard top Camaros with body colored roofs (a la v6), NO badging, and a big honkin LS1. I always admired their stealth factor.

·
Still Here
160 Posts
Like others stated it was most likely a B4C. B4Cs are nothing more than a debadged Z28.

·
Foxxracer32
29 Posts
Dan00Hawk said:
Around Chicago, Camaros with V8's and no Z28 badges are typically driven by state troopers... I wouldn't race one. :)

I've a couple of Maro's that are on the side of the road with someone in front of them. I took a second look and, Wow its a cop, with small LED lights in the grille and on the backside Bottom of the window.
Oh look out for the Stealth Black Chargers, Yep They're cops!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts