LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to replace the small black SPST Tyco fuel pump relay. The coil was opened. Odd thing. There seems to be only two types of little black relays- 4-pin SPST and 5-pin SPDT. The two different types are easily confirmed by the numbers printed on the side of each. But...the tops sport more than a half dozen differing numbers. WTF? Are these things scientifically matched to each circuit? I do not think so.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't remember which other relay is the same as the fuel pump, but when my pump took a crap, I replaced the fuel pump relay with another relay nearby for diagnosing. I don't think they are unique to each circuit.

·
Worthless reject member
37,526 Posts
fwiw most relays are the same. it has a control solenoid and the higher current switch operated by it. two control terminals for the solenoid, high current source, then the normally open and normally closed terminals. four pin relays don't have a normally closed pin, iirc.

if you're going to get a replacement, get one that's rated for the same or greater amperage as the device it's controlling, and has the same "form factor," of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts