LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were staging in a gravel parking lot last night, getting ready to move out to some remote area for a little "fun". Some teenage punk in a Chevy S10 pickup starting doing doughnuts, slinging gravel everywhere.

I chased the little bastard down and cornered him in a bank parking lot, but he wouldn't get out of his truck. I'm glad, because I'd be in jail now if he had.

Anyway, there are now a dozen pencil tip sized rock chips down the left side of my 2004 Torrid Red GTO. How do I fix them? Do you think my insurance will pay for it? If so, how do I file the claim? If not, can you recommend a good coroner for that kid. He'll need one next time I see him.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Man, how did you not take him out! My blood would be boiling to no end and like you said "...I'd be in jail now..." if I got my hands on him. My friends got a big caddy with lots of trunk space. Should I call him?

Call the insurance company, but you will need his name and insurance or you'll end up covering the the deductable.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I would have gotten his license plate and took it to the local authorities. I would have make out an accident report. There should be a non-collision box for something like what you experienced. Then I would have contacted his insurance company and filed a claim with them. I wouldn't even bother with your insurance company. If he was in my State, he could have been cited for reckless driving. Even though it was on private property you can be cited for reckless driving and D.W.I.. There's another one but I can't remember it off-hand. If you plan on going this route, take any witnesses and lots of photos of the damage. Let us know how it turns out.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, cooler heads preavil. Thankfully, there were plenty of witness and although nobody knew his name, they said he comes out to the strip every weekend. I should have no problem identifying the culprit. Now that I have calmed down, I know I won't hurt him, but I sure plan to scare the sh** out of him... after I get his insurance info. As for photos, I doubt the dings would show up well. They aren't that big, but there's a line of them down the left side of the car. Grrrrrrrrrr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts