LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
GTOless
7,097 Posts
I have the 30-0334. Displays afr though but works on canbus as well
I thought about that one, but on my vette the OBD2 port points right down to your feet, plus I want to run an aeroforce scan gauge which adds even more length. I was looking at purchasing an OBD2 extender, but I think going with the 30-4110 is better.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
421 Posts
I did really want a purple one. I have a thing for purple. I had a purple 97 GTP for a loooong time. 10 years lol. Rust got the better of that car unfortunately.
I had this thing on some homeade coilovers slammed on its nuts lol

I was really disappointed this car got so rusty cause I had some big plans for it. I already had a turbo kit that was proven capable of 600hp at the wheels. 95# injectors, ported heads, double roller chain, every single piece of suspension BMR offered and new Bilsteins, built trans. I had just about everything to do this car except for the GMRacing 1" drive chain and diff. It would've been one badass car for a GP lol.
HA! Another former G/P guy!!!

I loved mine too, which was a '99 GTP. I didin't have the build you did, but my mod list was pretty O.K. I would have preferred orange, but the closest color was red...so I settled for that instead...

This time, I'm doing to the GTO, what I feel should have come from the factory (a blower, Brembo's and almost anything you could have gotten on a CTS-V...except better, because it's on a GTO!!!)

I'm Looking forward to moreof your posts!

In case you were interested, this is my thread for my current build --->

·
Registered
2006 Auto QSM
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I always hated red-on everything in general. Not sure why I bought a red IROC lol. So many red GTP's though lol. I ended up buying a 98 4 door for 500 bucks that needed a balancer and plugs/wires.

I also had a bronze 99 GTP. I bought this car for 500 bucks twice. First time it needed a hood/bumper and some misc stuff. Fixed that and drove it for awhile. Sold it for 2K if I remember right and bought it a couple years later for 500 bucks again after the trans went south. Put a trans in that I don't even remember where it came from. Then a couple months later the engine started knocking. Got my 500 bucks back out of it the way it sat. It was a 293K mile pile of crap lol

The motor out of my purple car ended up in this super clean Buick I bought for 800 bucks. I've had a 3800 car for like 13 years straight now or something, maybe 14 lol

So you could say "former GP" guy but I still have a Wbody car yet
But anyway. Enough with the 3800 junk. I'll check out your thread

·
Registered
2006 Auto QSM
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well started buying some LSA stuff. I'll slowly be buying as I can find deals. I'm in no hurry and will take my time to find stuff cheaper. The plan is to keep it on pump gas 91 with a DW300 and 80# injectors. Putting stock manifolds in it. Headers are annoying and they hit the steering shaft so those are going. Going to pull the 243's and do the LS3 heads with Hinson drop mounts so I can clear the stock hood. The LS9 cam will come out in favor of something a little more aggressive. The goals aren't extreme at only 600whp which I think is plenty doable even on stock manifolds and 91 octane. I do have meth stuff it needs a little extra.

Only thing I have so far is a CTS-V lid, which I ironically bought on Feb 15 which is exactly one year after buying the car lol.

But I'll keep a running tally here
2/15-CTS-V lid with a good intercooler brick and spare reinforced brick-$600

21 - 24 of 24 Posts