LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fly Fast, Turn Left
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several posts wherein the writer describes feeling the gas pedal being pushed back against the foot when TC kicks in. Never felt it and wonder how the heck it is supposed to work on a fly-by-wire throttle anyway. I think it is imagination. Any thoughts or insights?

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
That only works on 04 models. The cable runs through the cruise control module and then to the TB. When TC kicks in, the cruise control motor prevents you from pushing harder. The 05-06 models, the computer simply controls the travel of the TB. You cn have it floored and the TB wont be at WOT. So you wontknow its kicking in unless you look down on your screen. Thats one reason i dont like drive-by-wire.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
This is why I turn the T/C off everytime I get in the car.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Flashpoint said:
I take it you never drive it in the rain???

It's saved me a few times:ftw:
Not with the factory supplied tires, they suck in the rain. When I installed a different set of tires meant for where and what I use the car for, yes I can leave mine off in the rain, they stick that much better.

I turn my TC off when I get in also.

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
Even with TC on I have had some serious rear end wiggles on the stock tires....
WOT in 1st is not possible - I end up going a little sideways.....and then shift to 2nd and same happens - sideways. With TC on......

I am starting to think my car have been dyno tuned or predator tuned by the previous owner. It pulls like crazy and it smokes the tires with TC on.....

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
only a little side ways! well you didn't give it enough gas then you should a lot side ways lol.

·
Fly Fast, Turn Left
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GeeTeeOh! said:
Even with TC on I have had some serious rear end wiggles on the stock tires....
WOT in 1st is not possible - I end up going a little sideways.....and then shift to 2nd and same happens - sideways. With TC on......

I am starting to think my car have been dyno tuned or predator tuned by the previous owner. It pulls like crazy and it smokes the tires with TC on.....
You may be right. Mine WILL NOT smoke the tires at all with TC on. Off is another matter, but with it on the machine is very docile.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Torque Management tuned out

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Flashpoint said:
I take it you never drive it in the rain???

It's saved me a few times:ftw:
I don't like to. But have driven in the rain. This thing is a joy to drive in the rain. That is vs. my old Monte with oround 500hp. That was my high school daily driver. That gave me practice on power slides.

Really though, I hate the traction control feeling the 04's give. It gets turned off all of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts