LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting in an Infinity Kappa Five amp with Pioneer ts-d690r with a 102.7 Kappa 10' sub and need to pull a 4 gauge power wire from battery to trunk. Anyone have best path to follow? Considering fuel tank is right smack in the way!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Tank isnt much in the way if putting the wire inside the car. Plenty of holes on the sides and center behind the back seat.
Behind the pass side strut tower, theres a hole large enough for 4ga wire, just need some protection.
Always run mine under the car though, plenty of space and easily gets into the trunk via a gromet or fuel line hole.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
05 GTO, PBM, M6, SAP, 18s
1,796 Posts
Sorry, normally I’d totally have this answer for you but the GTO was the first car I’ve ever owned that I didn’t install a killer stereo system into after buying it. Which is funny because the stock setup is so unbelievably bad! I’m sure some one will answer with a perfect grommet in the firewall to pass the 4Ga through, and the best places to ground stuff.

That aside… did you really join in 2004 and this was only your 3rd post?!

·
Premium Member
2004 M6 old set up LS1, 243s, tsp233/239, Now, Iron 6.5, TSP cam 92/92, OTR
55 Posts
There is a hole on the passenger side fire wall that I ran the power cable from the battery in the trunk to under the hood hook up and then just down the passenger sill and took the rear right side of and as others have mentioned there are plenty of holes to pass the cable thru to the trunk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a hole on the passenger side fire wall that I ran the power cable from the battery in the trunk to under the hood hook up and then just down the passenger sill and took the rear right side of and as others have mentioned there are plenty of holes to pass the cable thru to the trunk.
Ya, i see a rubber grommet there, but it's housing it's own thing, looks like wiring for main vehicle fuse block! It's a 2" x 4" oblong looking rubber grommet.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look more towards the fender and behind the strut tower. It may be easier to get to from the inside after you remove the glove box.
I found that damned grommet, had to pull glovebox as mentioned.
Another question, can i cut wires at rear deck speakers and patch them into my high level inputs on Kappa Five? It says to use speakers that produce most bass for best performance. I did see that tiny 40 amp amplifier hidden in fender well...nice! No wonder if I cranked it up above 42 on head unit it would shut down! Haha! I do believe when I get this all figured out, my 10inch Infinity Kappa 102.7 will fix that, plus 6x9s with built in crossovers will help to considering that they're rated at 330 max and I'm putting 200 into them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm putting in an Infinity Kappa Five amp with Pioneer ts-d690r with a 102.7 Kappa 10' sub and need to pull a 4 gauge power wire from battery to trunk. Anyone have best path to follow? Considering fuel tank is right smack in the way!
I think I'm gonna answer my own question here...
Gonna tap into rear side 2way 6½ inch speakers for high level inputs and leave woofers in rear deck unplugged so their small amp doesn't turn on and cause head unit to switch off when factory amp overheats. That way when I crank it at head unit to set gains it won't freak me out if power cuts out to rears if I DID tap into woofers for high level inputs. I'll post again when done!

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,438 Posts
Where are you going to mount the amp in the car?

·
Got Zydrate?
2,511 Posts
Trunk, tech screwed to gas tank cage.
was there at least a carpeted backer board used for distro block and anything else ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts