LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have located a tuner in the local area that is going to step forward and offer REAL TUNING for the GTO's in the NW area. The tuning software would be HP Tuners. Can I get a role call for people who would be interested so I can see if there's a need?

Post up and tell us what you want or need!

·
that's right,I'm runnin' 11's
1,522 Posts
I'm actually planning on getting my own copy of HP tuners,

but I'm curious on whatever is available...
who and where? (and how much)

Russ

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I keep hearing about guys who want LS2 tuning but there is no tuner who has the gear that is good in the local area. Until now- another good friend is going to do it so it is available. This is geared more toward guys that don't have their own gear and or don't want to tune themselves. Street tuning would be $350, but again, you don't need your own gear.

The Man's name is Jim Greenwood and once he tunes for you- you'll see he's the MAN.

He's a major factor in my H2 running 13.86's and knocking GTO's off the LS1Tech NW fastest list in the 2005 season.

·
that's right,I'm runnin' 11's
1,522 Posts
good deal

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
Im down as long as it isnt 1000 miles away from me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Dave, he'd be tuning in Bremerton. Just a ferry ride and Latte away :)

G

·
0 Posts
You can count me in as somewhat interested in getting a tune. I'm still undecided as of now, but I'm closer to a yes than a no.

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
mmmm latte... yeah im in. honestly im still figuring out wtf it is i want to do with my car and my knowledge is somewhwat lacking but if you say its a good, knowledgable spot then im game.

·
Registered
299 Posts
04GeeTeeOh said:
count me in to- as long as its fairly close and reasonable* with price

Bremerton is a little ways away from where you are at.

Also, is the tuning on a dyno or not? $350, any possible group buys?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 2004 m6 with the stock Maggie tune. What more can I expect with a tune? Has he (you) tuned a GTO with a Maggie before? I am interested!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SJC said:
I have a 2004 m6 with the stock Maggie tune. What more can I expect with a tune? Has he (you) tuned a GTO with a Maggie before? I am interested!
Does a Magnacharged, Cammed, 50rwhp wet shot N2O Hummer H2 count? I think 13.86 from a 6800 truck was pretty darn good tuning.

You will notice a difference once your vehicle is tune properly.

A group buy might be possible, but it needs to be organized such that many do it at once for it to be effective.

Dyno tuning could also be arranged as could a group dyno day. There are lots of dyno's in the Puget Sound area and we can certainly travel to host a day at a willing shop.

·
Scared GOAT-less
416 Posts
I'm in. So I don't need to buy any of the software or anything like that? Dyno tune would be even better :gears:

·
former stanger
159 Posts
Sounds good down the road, not now unfortunately...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tuning would be via HP tuners software that would be provided by the tuner. Car owners would not need software.
If several wanted a dyno tune we could arrange to get that done as well.

It's okay, GTOMO, tuning would be available later as well.

The tuner is set up and fully capable of tuning now. He's just asking me to see how many are really interested.

·
Sold!!
281 Posts
CHarris said:
I keep hearing about guys who want LS2 tuning but there is no tuner who has the gear that is good in the local area. Until now- another good friend is going to do it so it is available. This is geared more toward guys that don't have their own gear and or don't want to tune themselves. Street tuning would be $350, but again, you don't need your own gear.

The Man's name is Jim Greenwood and once he tunes for you- you'll see he's the MAN.

He's a major factor in my H2 running 13.86's and knocking GTO's off the LS1Tech NW fastest list in the 2005 season.
I'll vouch for that one... Jim definitely knows his stuff.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The tuner is set up and fully capable of tuning now. He's just asking me to see how many are really interested.[/QUOTE]

OK, it seems that a few of us are ready! So what the next step. Reading between the lines, does that mean he won't do it 1-3 cars? $1050 is not to shabby for a day's pay. For me it would have to be on the weekend.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay... let's organize.

1. Who wants and is ready for a street tune? Can we get a show of hands?
I'm working on scheduling as SEMA is fast approaching. Might be before or after. Who's ready now?

2. Who wants a dyno tune? What if a street tune were available soon (end of October or early November?) and a dyno day touch up at a later date (Nov-Dec)?

3. Who's thinking about a ported intake and/or TB at the same time?

The group buy concept is wonderful thing, but it does require several people to do it at the same time. Any discount would be based on number of cars... obviously more = cheaper. Same with Ported Intakes and TB's.

I see the interest from several NW members. Who's really ready to pull the trigger on this?

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
You might want to point out that this sounds like 2005/6 tuning (LS2). For the 2004 (LS1) guys I'd recommend PMing twofast4lv. He's the Guru of LS1's here in the Seattle area.

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
I'm glad there's finally a GM HP tuner in the area! I've never heard of Jim Greenwood, but it sounds like he knows what he's doing. I'm not ready to get tuned just yet, but I will be real soon. I am a little confused, though. I understand the basic difference between a street and a dyno tune, but why would one need to get both? Is it just so you know what numbers you're putting down? I do understand that! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts