LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how much does your bumper mismatch the side panels? Yes I understand silver changes colors depending on the angle of the panel and the angle of the sun.. but I'd think the bumper and the sidepanel would change colors with one another. I see other cars with plastic bumpers and metal bodies in silver that dont mismatch at all..

This is the worst it gets but a good example:

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
My cyclone gray is terrible. My rear 1/4s dont match the rest of the car. The bumpers are also off. It doesnt bother me but it is noticeable. All bumpers are going to be off because of the flex agent in it. I guess if you played with the color enough, you could get it to match 99.9%

·
Registered
208 Posts
I too have the same problem on my '06. The whole front clip is about the same shade, but the doors are different from the quarters are different from the rear bumper. I know our '02 WS-6 is the same way. 4 different shades of white. Does it bother me, yes. Am I going to do anything about it, probably just deal with it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
same here with the bumpers my buddies that work at a body shop said the same thing about the flex agent

·
1,522 Posts
Juniorss said:
My cyclone gray is terrible. My rear 1/4s dont match the rest of the car. The bumpers are also off. It doesnt bother me but it is noticeable. All bumpers are going to be off because of the flex agent in it. I guess if you played with the color enough, you could get it to match 99.9%
sweet sig junior!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I got lucky as my body is all matching but my gas cap isnt fooling anybody. Soetimes it looks white. Very annoying. Does it happen with any other color , or just QGM?
Chuch

·
GMX 341
386 Posts
The paint on these cars is rather thin, just enough to cover. The primer used for the plastic parts can effect the shade of the final coat since the same mil thickness is used on the entire car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts