LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Missin' the Goat
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to get a shopping list together and I want to start with my suspension. If I do all of the suspension work and lower it about 1", will I still be able to install long tube headers later on down the road, or will there be too much of a clearance problem? If there will be a problem, then I won't lower it. I'm just looking to massively improve the handling of the Goat because of the wheel hop on takeoff and the roll through the turns.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
You can install headers on a lowered car. Are the roads smooth where you live? If not, ground clearance may be an issue.

·
Missin' the Goat
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, northern Virginia doesn't have the smoothest roads around. There's so much traffic around here, there are a lot of dips and potholes all over any road that isn't a major highway and even they have their bad parts. If the lowered suspension and the long tubes will be a problem, then I'll just buy stiffer springs with sway bars and a better strut tower brace. If that doesn't help out totally, then I'll get some drag bags too. The wheel hop and body roll is getting a little old though.

Jerad

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
I've got SW headers and the King springs 3/4 inch drop and I'm fine. One of the other goats in our area has the full pedders dropped suspension and SW headers without issue. You should be fine as long as you don't go off roading.

·
Missin' the Goat
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it's good to see someone who has the setup I'm thinking about who doesn't have any problems on the road. So I'll go ahead and go with it too. Thanks again.

Jerad

·
Professional Type 1 Diabetic
4,263 Posts
I have stock suspension and Kooks long tubes. If I hit the speed bumps too fast, like 8MPH the collectors hit. I have to take it slow so the car doesn't bounce, more like 3MPH.
Every parking lot in Austin has speed bumbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts