but they both refused to work on the car because it was lowered
Im in NY long Island does anyone no where i should go
Thanks for you timehttp://www.ls1gto.com/forums/images/smilies/comp.gif
sorry so long winded

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
A couple of questions.

1. Is the SLP kit you installed a four camber eccentric bush kit?
2. How long have the eccentrics been installed?
3. What were the camber eccentric bolts torqued to?
4. Were the eccentrics lubed when installed?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure about the lube or the torque
but they are the camber eccentric bush kit
and they where installed about a 1yr and half ago
by the vette doctors in long island ny

My problem now is i had two diffrent shops
tell me there is no camber kit on the car
I had installed i think well i at least paid for it (vette doctors)
I have hard time believing they never installed it
and charged me and kept my parts

Well the place (fosters allighnment) i went today for the allighnment came highly recomended from a friend they do alot of perfomance cars and use a 3-d imaging laser alighnment machine, but even that guy couldnt find the camber kit.

So if anyone knows where would these bolts be exactly
so i can see if the kit is even installed or not

my final camber setting for the rear wheal is -3.2

:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats up frank thanks for the info last night
do you guys do other work besides suspention
like exhaust and headers?

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
The camber eccentrics are the inner and outer control arm bushes. On the the SLP version they look like regular bushes until you take one off. When it is off you'll see the hole through the steel part of the bush is off center. That is where the adjustment comes in. Click here and scroll down http://www.tbyrne.com/GTO/gtonewproducts.html

The Pedders comber eccentrics use a star wheel for adjustment. We have updated the part and the urethane is now red. If you purchased a black bush rest assured it is also urethane.

Over time if the bush is not tightened when aligned to the Maximum Available Torque +1 the setting will drift. This is true of our bush as well. If the exterior of the bush is lubricated it will drift more quickly. Installing the bushes into the outer portion of the arm is difficult. A couple of non Pedders shops seemed to think it was impossible but they were wrong. It would not surprise me that a shop installed only the inners or none after getting under the car. The longer I am in the business the less surprised I am at anything that happens.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
sapobiz said:
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=70027
this is what i purchased is there more parts needed
I'm really not that well versed thanks for you patience
Yep, that is a four eccentric rear camber kit. They replaced the bushes in your IRS control arms and the adjustment is in the form of a clock. The 6 o'clock position should give you one degree of adjustment. Two bushes would push that higher. The adjustment comes by rotating the eccentric around the clock.

From your description, the bushes have drifted and you are well out of spec. To reset your camber to spec, the alignment shop will have to index the bushes -- set them all to a known position -- and then rotate them as needed to get the correct camber.

Pedders position is that the inner two eccentrics closest to the differential should be replaced by an OE rubber bush or a Pedders non-adjustable urethane EP7023 to protect your differential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts