LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why was that thread closed with a "Question regarding APS contact directly" comment? We routinely discuss ALL manufacturer's products specifications, merits/demerits, etc.

I can't see what happened in that thread to get it shut down...maybe a clear explanation to all will avoid the issue in the future? Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
GoatChs said:
Why was that thread closed with a "Question regarding APS contact directly" comment? We routinely discuss ALL manufacturer's products specifications, merits/demerits, etc.

I can't see what happened in that thread to get it shut down...maybe a clear explanation to all will avoid the issue in the future? Thanks.
Yea, I agree.:gears: :gears: :gears:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
most likely cause they are not a sponsor

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doric, you're a somewhat intelligent guy :)gr_jest:) and usually fairly reasonable as well...but maybe I missed the target on what my point was here.

I sincerely appreciate the intent of the moderation of the forum. We all want to protect our sponsor's interests. However, I thought that we were not allowed to post directly URL links to non-sponsor websites (btw, their link was not edited from the first post)...not that we could not discuss them at all. We're talking about the manufacturer side here, not the retailer side. I do not see Magnuson, ATI, Vortech or STS listed as sponsors--lots of their retailers but not the manufacturers--and yet we talk their products to death. How is that different?

I'm not an APS "cling-on" and I'm not just stirring poop here...I'm seriously interested in the rationale.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
With all due respect I agree with Colby. In the beginning there were limited aftermarket parts and as they came to market we could talk about them freely.

Some manufactures/vendors would drop by and give us the scoop and details without selling there product. Sure in a way its advertising but so long as the MODS make sure the manufacture doesn’t sell on here its just more information for us owners.

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Maybe the offending post was deleted and I missed it(?) but in the past I have seen the mods edit them along with the shutdown so it is evident that someone was out of line. Like I said, I have no stake in this and could just as easily ignored and moved on. But I'm all for fairness and want to see the good and bad about all products...and that thread just reads too restrained to be locked, imo.

Edit: I'm done...just had to inquire.

·
Last NIB APS TT in the World
553 Posts
Well what can we discuss... Not to high jack this thread, but I had a ligament question about their packages and wanted an answer from Peter or anyone else but it was shut down... So once again what can we discuss???

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
This bugged me too. I understand being a sponsor and all that, but APS wasn't even participating in the thread. It was just a couple of guys discussing that product. "What's up with the APS kit blah, blah..?" "I dunno?" Instant thread lock...contact the manufacturer...WTF??

Funny how a year ago or so there was a thread on APS's new tt kit that went on forever without being locked, and APS was allowed to answer questions.

Are Procharger and Magnacharger sponsers?

No consistency.

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
Hawkeye said:
This bugged me too. I understand being a sponsor and all that, but APS wasn't even participating in the thread. It was just a couple of guys discussing that product. "What's up with the APS kit blah, blah..?" "I dunno?" Instant thread lock...contact the manufacturer...WTF??

Funny how a year ago or so there was a thread on APS's new tt kit that went on forever without being locked, and APS was allowed to answer questions.

Are Procharger and Magnacharger sponsers?

No consistency.
pretty obvious if you ask me. and it's horse shit. we talked about radix superchargers for while and W2W even chimed in and educated us all. it was a great read and a intuitive DISCUSSION (not an Advertisement). someone is being a whiney ass behind the scenes to get APS stuff knocked off (refer to first sentence). and now shit randomly getting locked in the lounge because of one "boohoo`r" saying its offensive. grow some skin, its the internet. /rant

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Before this gets blown out of perportion.

My issue with APS they employ Dave Inall, former business owner of Incon Turbo, as a sales engineer. Inall's history in america is troublesome.

Peter Luxon APS really like his work, i'd like him to be a vendor on this website.

That aside, APS is not a sponsor and Martin Dannon is supporting the growth of this web forum.

In all fairness I asked any inquiries to APS be direct with Peter where he can give best attention, at this time.

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
magnuson isnt a sponsor, ati isnt a sponsor, vortech isnt a sponsor. vendors here who carry them are. vendors here also carry APS products. show me the unruly fairness? there isn't any. if you're going to ban APS talks, you better start banning every fvvcking product on here that isn't a direct vendor. IE comp cams, patriot heads, gmpp, dart heads, mti products, etc etc etc. catch my point? this is a chicken shit move on someone behalf.

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
GTO GMH said:
Before this gets blown out of perportion.

My issue with APS they employ Dave Inall, former business owner of Incon Turbo, as a sales engineer. Inall's history in america is troublesome.

Peter Luxon APS really like his work, i'd like him to be a vendor on this website.

That aside, APS is not a sponsor and Martin Dannon is supporting the growth of this web forum.

In all fairness I asked any inquiries to APS be direct with Peter where he can give best attention, at this time.
Sounds like you have a personal problem with someone. Yet, no one that I know of has had a problem with APS, and no one has posted anything negative, so it sounds like it's just you at this point.

But it also sounds like you want APS to be a sponsor because the other turbo guy is (which it appears he retails his own product)? So, is this extortion? APS can on longer be discussed among forum members unless they pay up, I guess.

"In all fairness", I'd rather discuss among forum members first, than try and contact APS directly.

·
553 Posts
And I second Hawkeye and Jcain, this is a bunch of bs and who are you to allow your personal vendetta to get in the way of our discussions? I hate to say it but I think it's a chicken sh!t move on your behalf. You should grow up man, its moves like this that prove the young people shouldn't have power because they will abuse it.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
All these other companies are not posting on here directly. Many vendors (who are advertisers) post regarding these alternative products.

It was only recently when Martin (GenTT) had a thread going that APS posted on as well. GenTT is a sponsor, APS is not. At that time we had to put a little space between those two to give fairness to the vendor that paid for the rights to specifically advertise.

While mentioning "APS" is not a crime, we saw a growing trend back to where we were just a month or two ago. A few people feel it is inappropriate, but its just about keeping space between paid vendors and non. It's been a fine line for Peter this past year or so that he has been here posting, I think that we let some threads go farther than we should and some times end a thread pre-maturely.

To back up Fraser, David Inall is not welcome here. Peter from APS is very much welcome.

See the OFI thread for more reference, there is discussion regarding it – but Joel is very particular about what he posts as he is not in the position of a advertising vendor.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, because Peter was not in those threads I have unlocked them. However I still left the recommendation to keep certain questions private to APS. Surely we can talk about spec's and results - but pricing and availability should still be kept private out of respect for competing vendors that are sponsors.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
:thumbs: and those who have had C5 LS1's Incon Turbo should ring a bell.

·
Administrator
20,822 Posts
You guys are crying at DY because he is protecting the community from a known swindler. Nicely done guys!

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
Thanks DY. Good to know an even hand is at the controls. And I agree with your reasoning and fairness.

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DY, I appreciate the willingness to review this issue and the humility to accept the constructive criticism. You're a good man.

Steel Chicken said:
You guys are crying at DY because he is protecting the community from a known swindler. Nicely done guys!
I don't see where that occurred? DY clearly addressed the point we were inquiring about...free discussion about technical issues. And, IMO, he rightfully upheld the directive to contact APS directly for packaging/pricing. No one has indicted anyone for trying to protect the membership and sponsors. That said, Inall is not APS...Peter is. How Inall interfaces with APS, and how that may or may not affect the forum and its members, is a discussion that needs to occur between the forum admin and Peter (and I suspect that it already has!)...not in the open forum. Having witnessed the Arrowhead Performance problems, I trust DY is protecting the community from possible swindlers as best he can, with minimum censorship.

·
Administrator
20,822 Posts
Re-read the thread. It occurred when someone gave him crap for having a problem with a specific person.

·
553 Posts
DevilYellow said:
All these other companies are not posting on here directly. Many vendors (who are advertisers) post regarding these alternative products.

It was only recently when Martin (GenTT) had a thread going that APS posted on as well. GenTT is a sponsor, APS is not. At that time we had to put a little space between those two to give fairness to the vendor that paid for the rights to specifically advertise.

While mentioning "APS" is not a crime, we saw a growing trend back to where we were just a month or two ago. A few people feel it is inappropriate, but its just about keeping space between paid vendors and non. It's been a fine line for Peter this past year or so that he has been here posting, I think that we let some threads go farther than we should and some times end a thread pre-maturely.

To back up Fraser, David Inall is not welcome here. Peter from APS is very much welcome.

See the OFI thread for more reference, there is discussion regarding it – but Joel is very particular about what he posts as he is not in the position of a advertising vendor.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, because Peter was not in those threads I have unlocked them. However I still left the recommendation to keep certain questions private to APS. Surely we can talk about spec's and results - but pricing and availability should still be kept private out of respect for competing vendors that are sponsors.
That's all I wanted anyway... Thanks man I really appreaciate it...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts