LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of hello from cloudy old england.:D

I didnt know where to post this as i have a few questions and figured this to be the best. [drifting section]

Right Im importing a gto from america to use at drift competitions in the UK. The car will be built up in america by a friend and shipped over upon completion.

What I need to know is how to increase the lock on the gto as much as possible. Im currently doing the spacers in the steering rack trick on my 180sx but obviously dont know if this would work on the gto.

Also what are the best adjustable coilovers,suspension arms etc[for drifting] on the market?

Also do ls1's suffer from severs problems while drifting? Ive been told to use an accusump but does any one else have any imput as the more info I get the lower the chance Ill bugger something up.

Cheers in advance,

Regards
Lewis

·
BFG Tire Burner
50 Posts
We're doing the same up here in Canada. I just imported an 04 and an 06 that were slightly damaged (made it easier to import them), and we're getting them ready for the Canadian Championship.

I'm curious to hear some answers to those questions myself.

I'm also wondering what the best combo for making power is. We've already decided on Kooks headers, but I'm not sure what cam to use. Can anyone help? Obviously the 04 has an LS1 and the 06 an LS2.

Any other suggestions for power gains? The cars will be strictly track cars, so everday driveability isn't an issue.

We already ordered 900hp-proof (planning ahead hehe) driveshafts and axles, and have the accusumps on the way as well. Kaaz LSDs are ordered and though I read bad things about them, B&M shifters are going in.

Ryan

·
RMR Employee
544 Posts
First of hello from cloudy old england.:D

I didnt know where to post this as i have a few questions and figured this to be the best. [drifting section]

Right Im importing a gto from america to use at drift competitions in the UK. The car will be built up in america by a friend and shipped over upon completion.

What I need to know is how to increase the lock on the gto as much as possible. Im currently doing the spacers in the steering rack trick on my 180sx but obviously dont know if this would work on the gto.

Also what are the best adjustable coilovers,suspension arms etc[for drifting] on the market?

Also do ls1's suffer from severs problems while drifting? Ive been told to use an accusump but does any one else have any imput as the more info I get the lower the chance Ill bugger something up.

Cheers in advance,

Regards
Lewis

the way that we got more steering lock is moving the pickup points on the steering knuckle, but, for drifting, honestly, i wouldent even touch this yet, the GTO is blesses with very very good steering angle as it is, you will run into numerous problems with the steering and suspension geometry if you do this. we are actually testing with the stock setup this year. As far as i know there are no adjustable arms on the market, and i believe Koni's are the best adj. coilover for this car. Ls1 is a great engine, use an accusump and you will be just fine!

·
RMR Employee
544 Posts
cheers
so rhys' gto had stock arms???
everything has been hiemed, including all the rubber isolators. and the knuckles have been modified as well, but yes, mostly stock. i apologize all this work was done so long ago by people that no longer work here, so i dont know to what extent they were modified

·
Registered
9 Posts

Nothing is off the shelf!! There are a lot of performance street parts for GTO's but bugger all race parts. I have just built a new Monaro and have been through the same process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts