LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got my Skip Shift Eliminator. I know that I am basically supposed to insert it between an existing clip. Can someone please tell me exactly where to find the wire I am supposed to plug this thing between? Thanks!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I thought it was on the right side of the tranny towards the top. Its kind of a pain in the A*s to get to but its a "Plug and Play" Part.

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
It's on the driver side of the tranny and it should be the furthest forward of the 3 solenoids. I seem to remember it being a bit higher up than the others. It was a pain to get the thing unplugged.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
HAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! this was my problem too!, ok the selinoid is the furthest foward like beengood said, on the drivers side, just above the BIG A** ORANGE STICKER that says dont take out the fill plug and inturn, right next the the fill plug too. DO NOT plug it into the selinoid all the way back, that is the reverse lock out! i feel your pain man, i actually pluged mine into the wrong one at first and had to order a second one cause the first one melted in the reverse lock out! hope this helps and good luck man, its nice to know im not the only one confused about this!

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Any pics to help us?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I am gonna wait and put it in the next time I jack the car up for another reason. The skip shift doesn't bother me so much that I am going to jack the car up just for that. In my original ignorance I was thinking/hoping that the "plug and play" would be right under the hood or up under the dash/steering wheel somewhere. Thanks for all your help, now I will know what to do. :cool:

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
For what it's worth, I got mine on just by driving up on the rhino ramps... and I'm not exactly small.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The solenoid is in the middle of the driver's side of the transmission. Don't mess with the other one, that's for reverse. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts