LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Buy a Hybrid. I Need Your Gas
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. NX says to use NX-brand thread sealer and NOT teflon tape. Can I just use blue or red loctite instead?

2. Fuel pressure safety switch wiring with Nitro Dave's window/tps switch - let me know if I have this right:

White wire from nitrous relay (terminal 85) --> FPSS --> YELLOW wire on window switch (stage 1 trigger)

Is this correct? Makes sense because it's in the circuit between the WOT/window trigger and the nitrous relay, but I just wanted to make sure.

And Nitro Dave RULES.

·
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more, just to make sure I get it right the first time - how far away does the bottle heater have to be from the fuel tank? I've seen people mount bottles right on the fuel tank braces, but I can't remember if they were using heaters or not...this thing gets HOT :p

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
DO NOT USE RED OR BLUE LOCTITE!! you wanna use a thread sealant (loctite does have some white thread sealant). the blue and red ones and thread lockers not sealant. and them saying to use their brand is like GM saying you have to use their oil filters, its not required, but their info is right on not using the tape. dont use the tape.

cant tell you the wiring cause im using a MSD window switch, and my bottle is in the trunk, but where my spare used to be, so its far enough away from the tank

·
Registered
370 Posts
use sealant and be generous. it says to only use a little bit but when i only used a little it leaked. that stuff sucks anyways there should really be a rubber gasket in there IMO coz if you have to take it off it's all crusty and you have to be careful not to get it in the feed line.

as far as the bottle heater goes, it's not gonna be hot enough to affect something it's not touching so your gas tank will be fine. however, make sure your wiring is not touching the heater. also, don't leave the heater on for too long if your bottle is almost empty. I was not paying attention to mine one day and i had an electrical fire in the trunk. NOT FUN.

·
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, glad I asked lol

Anyone know anything about my wiring question for Dave's window switch?
Actually it's business hours now, I might just call them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts