LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, my stock BFG KDWS for my 17's only have 22k miles on them and I see that they aren't worth a piss anymore...great treadwear :rolleyes:

Anywho, since I need tires, thought I might just buy the OEM 18's as well since I would like them. Searching online I found them in many places, but one store had them under the 2004 model year and they looked a tad different. Maybe it's just the lighting. Does anyone know if they are the same thing?

http://info.automotix.net/keystone/...art_type=wheels_rims&part_subtype=alloy_wheel

Also, do the center caps and lug caps for the 17's work on the 18's because a majority of places do not provide them.

P.S. Before I get PMs from people who want to sell theirs, I will give no more than $550 shipped for them since they are used. Do not want tires on them either.

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
To me it looks a bit different because of the color. Structurally, they look the same.

·
Thats right. U GO 1ST
1,041 Posts
Hey Bob What Are you planning on doing with the 17s. Give me a buzz.

Pucci

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeffs386 said:
good luck getting them for 550 shipped!!!
I don't need luck, I can buy them brand new for $850 and will do so. Frosty day in hell I am going to pay more than 65% of new price value for someone who has used theirs....and paid $495 (or less if GMS) for both the tires and wheels when they bought their car. I'll pay the extra $150-200 to get them brand new if they want higher.

Pucci, hope you're doing well bro. I'll give you a call sometime this week at night.

·
Registered
335 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:
I don't need luck, I can buy them brand new for $850 and will do so. Frosty day in hell I am going to pay more than 65% of new price value for someone who has used theirs....and paid $495 (or less if GMS) for both the tires and wheels when they bought their car. I'll pay the extra $150-200 to get them brand new if they want higher.

Pucci, hope you're doing well bro. I'll give you a call sometime this week at night.

First time I've seen somebody post that the 18's are a $495 option. but GM, I think, sells them for just a little over $300 a piece.

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
If I don't find some 18s in perfect shape soon I will send my 17s out to be polished and clearcoated while the car is sleeping this winter. Beautiful look.

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
JHP has some good looking wheels in stock. I like the WH International Series I 17"x8" I emailed them to find out if they are chrome or polished. They look polished to me, which I like. http://www.jhp.com.au/wheels4.php

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
BLK2005GTO said:
BTW If your interested and still shopping a year from now i have a set of perfect 18"s for sale (flawless) you can have for $1500.
What kind of tires on those wheels?

·
Registered
691 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:

ROFLOL....... because they are a $495 option that doesn't make the value of the wheels $495(I wish it worked that way).......I seriously doubt you will get a perfect set of OEM rims for that price(I sold mine for $1500 with the tires),and the ones you think are brand new are knock offs or rejects

·
Registered
226 Posts
The value of the OEM 18s is $495 + the value of a set of 17s.

Anyway, I kind of like the darker gray color of the knock-offs over the 'real' 18s. For the money they are asking, you can get into some decent aftermarket 18s that are brand new.

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
I used to really have a bad feeling about aftermarket wheels but not anymore. Probably the same company the supplies the OEM makes the knock offs without the OEM markings. I know a lot of Corvette guys with knock off after market wheels that have put them through hell on high speed auto cross and never had a problem. Just my .02

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
ROFLOL....... because they are a $495 option that doesn't make the value of the wheels $495(I wish it worked that way).......I seriously doubt you will get a perfect set of OEM rims for that price(I sold mine for $1500 with the tires),and the ones you think are brand new are knock offs or rejects

I really don't think anyone sells reject wheels. We have a lot of consumer safety laws in this country. Reject wheels:confused: :nuts:

·
Registered
582 Posts
those are not the same. i just went outside to look at my 2006 18s and they don't quite look like the online catalogue pic. the online pic specimen looks as if it has a lip or rise in the casting, running up the rear of the inner wheel edge; a slight rise, as it appears in the pic.

mine have no such inner/rear lip rise and are smooth all around. it could be just the lighting of the pic, but i don't think so. if you want real 18s, get guaranteed for real 18s off someone's GTO. you can find them in the classifieds here or on other forums.

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
bonzelite said:
those are not the same. i just went outside to look at my 2006 18s and they don't quite look like the online catalogue pic. the online pic specimen looks as if it has a lip or rise in the casting, running up the rear of the inner wheel edge; a slight rise, as it appears in the pic.

mine have no such inner/rear lip rise and are smooth all around. it could be just the lighting of the pic, but i don't think so. if you want real 18s, get guaranteed for real 18s off someone's GTO. you can find them in the classifieds here or on other forums.

+1 I really don't think those are the same looking wheel either. They are probably replicas. Replicas should be fine but I would do a lot of research before I bought them.

Also, you will not find a set of used 18's from anyone for $550. At $290 a wheel, check out Fred Beans sponsor on the left. The only way you would find some for $550 is if someone really rashed them and is looking to get them to someone who will more then likely use them as a drag wheel.

JR

·
ls2 freak
590 Posts
I know there is a color differance between 04 and 05 wheels,(17's) they are different shades of grey/metallic but i'm not sure bout the 18's

AMRAAM4 said:
Well, my stock BFG KDWS for my 17's only have 22k miles on them and I see that they aren't worth a piss anymore...great treadwear :rolleyes:

Anywho, since I need tires, thought I might just buy the OEM 18's as well since I would like them. Searching online I found them in many places, but one store had them under the 2004 model year and they looked a tad different. Maybe it's just the lighting. Does anyone know if they are the same thing?

http://info.automotix.net/keystone/...art_type=wheels_rims&part_subtype=alloy_wheel

Also, do the center caps and lug caps for the 17's work on the 18's because a majority of places do not provide them.

P.S. Before I get PMs from people who want to sell theirs, I will give no more than $550 shipped for them since they are used. Do not want tires on them either.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I don't even think those are "04" wheels anyhow, if you look closely in the picture, you can see the brake calipers have GTO on it. I think they just made an error in the labeling of the product, kind of like Motor Trend mislabeled the 04 GTO in that speed competition as an "05 GTO" when it clearly wasn't.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts