LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Just want to say thanks to Maverickmancarbon.com for responding to emails, getting parts shipped quickly and having surprisingly good prices on everything I’ve picked up so far.
I look forward to doing more business in the future.
lol......you are definitely in a minority. he responds...but getting parts quickly isnt typical. He must have not had to make the part. took my buddy almost two years to get his carbon sap grill inserts. He had someone else make them for him long before mavman came through. I waited a year on a spoiler I had put a deposit on. consider yourself lucky!

·
Administrator
9,236 Posts
I assume you bought no carbon fiber parts, because there is no way you’d be singing “fast shipment” if so.

Reactions: Kfxguy

·
Administrator
9,236 Posts
Believe those hoods are made out of unobtanium now. Don’t quote me on this, but I thought I read somewhere that he stopped offering them a few years ago. Either way, you’d have better and faster luck finding a used one in good shape, and even that will probably take quite awhile.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I was thinking about getting the stingray carbon hood (I know I know....rice...but I'd like the heat extraction) OR getting a fiberglass hood and doing a real carbon overlay. Thats damn near what a carbon hood is anyways...couple layers of real carbon and the rest is fiberglass. Junk.
anyways, it really wouldnt be that hard to overlay two layers of carbon on a fiberglass hood. Dont tempt me.....I'm thinking more about doing it now....
I'm no professional carbon or fiberglass guy but i have done quite a few things with it. I've made numerous sheets and vacuum bagged a few things. along with other over lay projects.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geesh, I dunno why I didn’t see this... I didn’t get any carbon parts, you are correct. Nonetheless his drop shipment of everything else I got was far better than others I bought from.
It’s posted on his site that are long lead times for carbon parts. When the time comes I was going to shoot an email to get better details. It’s a bummer that aftermarket parts like that are getting harder to come by, but it makes you appreciate things a little different. At least in my case.

·
Registered
2006 GTO Cyclone Gray Metallic, 6.0, Magnuson 112, ported 243's, JBA shorty header
605 Posts
I waited a year for my spoiler and gave up on waiting for my rear diffuser after 1.5 years waiting. and honestly the spoiler isn't all that I had it less then 2 years and the clear started to peel off the edge and the twill has started to get blotchy even thou it was a garage queen and I used the uv coating that you're supposed to use with carbon fiber parts....

·
Freedom Fighter
903 Posts
This stinks, because i wanted a CF hood for my 04.
Random coincidence but I just happened to read this thread and also just saw last night that there is an 04 style CF hood in stock on his site. It's not the all desirable and impossible to find cowl hood, but probably still nice and only like 900 plus shipping.

I've seen his cowl hood go for like 3 grand in the Facebook group when resold.

·
Worthless reject member
55,257 Posts
Random coincidence but I just happened to read this thread and also just saw last night that there is an 04 style CF hood in stock on his site. It's not the all desirable and impossible to find cowl hood, but probably still nice and only like 900 plus shipping.

I've seen his cowl hood go for like 3 grand in the Facebook group when resold.
they've been in stock for some time, but other things are taking precedence atm.

i did get a chance to snag some CF grills, tho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts