LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to the track on Tuesday night, supposed to be cool and I'm hoping that they prep the track at aleast alittle bit. Was wondering what the quickest stock A4 time was thats been recorded? Anyone know? Car feels like it should mid-13's in it, but I'll be running on the stock BFG's so who knows.

Indy area guys, we are going out to IRP on Tuesday Oct. 19th save for rain and stuff that would keep the track closed. If you want swing on out and take in the action.

Keygan

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know the guys at BMR ran a 10.50 with an auto.... but it's not real "stock" anymore..

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Keygan,

Stock, if you break into the 13's and trap over 100, then you should be happy and among the fastest stock A4's. The 13.5 at 103 posted above was run below sea level on a cool day at perhaps one of the fastest tracks in the country, so don't expect that much. Shoot for 13.9x @ 100+ and be happy.

Oh, and remember weight reduction - take out the spare, jack, tire blocks, 1/4 tank of gas (even put in a couple of gallons of 100 or 104 unleaded if available to give you some insurance against knock reduction), anything else you can.

And good luck! :cool:

Padre

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Keygan,

Stock, if you break into the 13's and trap over 100, then you should be happy and among the fastest stock A4's. The 13.5 at 103 posted above was run below sea level on a cool day at perhaps one of the fastest tracks in the country, so don't expect that much. Shoot for 13.9x @ 100+ and be happy.

Oh, and remember weight reduction - take out the spare, jack, tire blocks, 1/4 tank of gas (even put in a couple of gallons of 100 or 104 unleaded if available to give you some insurance against knock reduction), anything else you can.

And good luck! :cool:

Padre
Padre,

What were the incrementals of the mid-13 second runs???

Particularly the 330 and 1/8 mile ET and MPH...

Ed

·
8,959 Posts
EDC said:
What were the incrementals of the mid-13 second runs??? Particularly the 330 and 1/8 mile ET and MPH...
Wasn't my car, but he did post the slip:

2.032 sixty; 5.708 330'; 8.698 @ 81.76 1/8th; 11.303 1000'; [email protected] 103.21 1/4.

Padre

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Padre,

I'm hoping for cool dry weather. Indiana I think has some pretty good DA's in the fall. IRP is I think about 1000' above sea level or so, so I'm hoping that on a good day that will drop in the the 3 digit range.

As far as taking stuff out, I may only pull the spare and thats about it. I'm hoping that, that little bit of extra weight over the rear tire can be enough to help it hook. I'm really wondering what the car will launch like with the 3.46's and the stock BFG's. I'm planning on air them down ever so little, and pumping the fronts up to about the max psi on the tires.

I'm wondering if I should do a PCM re-learn when I get the track or on my way to the track? I know the car get drove decently hard everyday, (wife asked my why the pedal is always kicking back into her foot, LOL) so I'm thinking that my not be needed. Also any have the formula or anything to figure out the DA' for a certain time on any givin night? And I would go about finding out the info that I would need to figure that certain times DA'?

·
8,959 Posts
Playdough said:
I'm wondering if I should do a PCM re-learn when I get the track or on my way to the track? I know the car get drove decently hard everyday, (wife asked my why the pedal is always kicking back into her foot, LOL) so I'm thinking that my not be needed. Also any have the formula or anything to figure out the DA' for a certain time on any givin night? And I would go about finding out the info that I would need to figure that certain times DA'?
I don't know about the PCM re-learn. Sometimes the new base map (immediately after re-learning) is very conservative. At least that's my experience with other PCM's. So my suggestion would be to put in some good gas on the way out to the track. And if available at the track, put in some 100 or 104 unleaded. 1/4 tank, no more.

Here's one calclulator:
http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_dp.htm

But just Google on altitude horsepower calculator and you might find some others.

Good luck, Padre

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welp looks like the rain isn't going to hold off tomorrow as they are calling for a 50% chance of Thunder Storms, and 70* temp. Good chance for crappy air, and bad times and to much of a chance for rain for me, so I'm just going to skip going tomorrow and hope it doesn't rain and stuff next Tuesday night. Hope to report some good times for next week.

·
8,959 Posts
Doric said:
That makes me feel really good, Padre. My corrected times are right in line with that, with bad track conditions and no weight reduction at all (3950 at the track). 91 octane.
Goodness, yeah at altitude we really lose time. And with that western gas - 91 octane, sheesh. I used to run in El Paso at 4100 feet, so I know what you experience at Bandimere. But it sure is fun to run closer to sea level. :)

Padre

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welp next tuesday is here and its supposed to be 62* by 6Pm when I'll be getting to the track and I hope to have some good times to report and see if my driving skill is any good with a car that is much faster and has about 1.5 times the power of my 91 Z.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts